SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
SS&C are actively recruiting for aTechnical Specialist for our Document Management Division based in Springfield, just outside Chelmsford.
This an extremely important part of our business as it is responsible for all incoming and outgoing documentation from clients & customers. This is a 24 hour operation.
The Technical Specialist will manage, communicate and implement all tasks or project actions within agreed timeframes across a wide range of projects and BAU tasks.
This will include:
- Project planning - to take ownership of associated DMD tasks within projects and liaise with necessary teams for advice and/or resolution of tasks
- Project delivery – to deliver completed tasks on target within agreed dates across a number of projects, from initiation to completion of the project within required deadlines
- Project co-ordination – to attend/hold regular meetings as necessary during projects to enable communication with all relevant parties to raise/resolve any issues
- Technical support – provide BAU technical support to all DMD teams where required and to other areas of the business
- Updates – to provide regular updates on the status of all allocated projects to management team
- Communication – working with all DMD teams ensuring they are informed at all key points during all projects
- Training – to undertake cross training within the DMD Projects/Conversions team, to ensure that a broad level of understanding is reached across all areas of the team’s work
- Attention to detail – Ensure a high level of attention to detail is performed during all projects
- Improvements – to suggest improvements to processes where identified during process reviews
- Client/supplier relations – to build and maintain relations with any relevant clients or suppliers to enable operational requirements to be met
- Be able to travel to third party sites and Management Company offices as required for relevant meetings (May be required with very short notice)
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen