Technical Specialist, BPM, Intelligent Automation
SS&C Chorus optimises smart technology, such as robotic process automation and natural language processing to help our clients transform and manage their business processes at scale. In addition, there continues to be product investment in cloud enablement and integration to best-of-breed digital transformation technologies. This creates a significant opportunity to enhance the application and its use to benefit our clients.
We now seek a Technical Specialist to work on our business process management software, Chorus. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a vibrant, innovative, and global team and be responsible for the technical development/direction of our Chorus application, together with its peripheral technologies!
About the role
**This role will require occasional travel to our Basildon office**
- Configure processes in the Chorus business process management design studio.
- Understand customer needs and goals to recommend optimal process solutions.
- Maintain and enhance technical knowledge through training and development.
- Provide technical support, assistance, and knowledge transfer in the use of Chorus, associated development tools and related software.
- Develop a deep understanding of SS&C’s intelligent automation capability, with the ability to engage in in-depth functional and technical conversations.
- Provide technical support within the team, providing technical expertise/direction as well as being the point of reference during the lifecycle of relevant projects.
- Assist in creating a culture of using technology to solve problems.
- Participate in customer workshops to extract and define requirements as well as represent Chorus at all appropriate internal forums
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the willingness to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions and will have worked in a similar environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to adapt communication styles to suit different audiences
- The ability to build relationships with all levels in the business
- Ability to understand the main technical area, apply the programming language/technical skills required for simple, medium, and advanced level development and raise any concerns/suggest solutions in technical view.
- Ability to adapt to both Agile and Waterfall methodologies where necessary
Desirable to have
- Experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring a diversity of perspectives to our thinking and conversation. It is important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense. All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background-checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen
About the Company
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.