Specialist Desktop Services
- Incident Management: Break fix support, ensuring incident tickets logged via service management tool
- Request Fulfilment: Provide services and information as required for request tickets logged via service management tool
- Problem Management: Problem analysis and resolution in area of expertise.
- Change Management: Raising, approving and implementation of tasks via Change Control
- Create & enhance IT procedures used by the End User Services Team.
- Create, review, update and retire documentation used by the team.
- Active participation in Enterprise IT events such as maintenance weekends, and Business Continuity exercises as defined by the business requirements.
- Take Responsibility for appropriate adhoc/project tasks as directed
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Requires 5+ years total work experience as an IT professional, performing break fix support across multiple sites / regions utilising remote support toolsets.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in a variety of formats to different technical levels and all audience types including executives
- Confident working in a fast-paced, customer-focused organisation, undergoing continued change and ability to make practical decisions under pressure.
- Self-Motivated and is comfortable working unsupervised.
- A consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards and maintains this despite competing pressures
- Experience working with peers at all levels including from senior management to an Exec level
- Passionate about customer satisfaction and servicing the business users
- Must be results driven and believe in teamwork, collaboration and initiative
- Exposure to financial services, banking or investment management industries
- Broad operational understanding and strong technical knowledge of multiple standards and IT Infrastructure technologies including but not limited to Desktop, Service Desk, Access Management
- Previous experience in Senior IT Support technical position
- Citrix virtual desktop and server experience - Familiarisation of Citrix Xen Server and XenApp technologies.
- Formal IT industry accreditation (Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare ).
- ITIL qualifications
- DST/SS&C knowledge and experience
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.