- Provide consultancy and support in gathering business and technical requirements either in conjunction with business analysis or direct from end users and clients.
- Translate business/technical requirements into technical documentation ensuring that stakeholders and development teams have a clear and common understanding of the needs and proposed solutions.
- Provide technical consultancy contributing to team standards and ‘best practise’ techniques for cost effective and time dependent software delivery.
- Design and specify changes that comply with the application architecture, standards and conventions.
- Work with Waterfall, Lean and Agile development methodologies.
- Under limited supervision perform analysis to enable modelling and documentation of existing processes and document options to improve application performance.
- Lead internal walk-through of Technical Design documents to ensure understanding of requirements.
- Lead peer-to-peer Technical Design Document reviews.
- Attend forums to provide development estimations based on a set of requirements
- Produce High Level Estimates for internal and client requested enhancements within SLA.
- Coaching and mentoring of other team members from a technical and business perspective when required.
- Liaise with project managers, release management and client relationship managers when handling release assignments, estimates and any adhoc work.
- Conduct BA/SA reviews and support the unit and system-testing cycles to ensure technical delivery meets requirements.
- Provide regular status reports and participate in group analysis sessions and team meetings.
- Participation and contribution in internal and external design sessions/workshops, be able to present technical overviews of the main record keeping systems architecture and data model.
- Ability and confidence to communicate independently with other technical departments, programme management, business units and external clients.
- Contribute to system design and technical design document standards and quality procedures.
- Participate and contribute to strategy for future developments based on review of existing system design and construction strategy.
- Imparts business knowledge of record keeping and surround systems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Adhere to SS&C Secure development and information security policies
- Assist in specification of overall change deployment, to ensure completeness of solution delivery within the SS&C Release Process.
- Participate in IT Support activities providing analytical support as required.
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which SS&C operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations.
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- A minimum of 4+ year’s systems design in large scale complex applications.
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Proficient in relational database design and modelling.
- Proficient in SQL (DB2, SQL server, PostgreSQL).
- Proven track record in problem solving.
- Possess excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and a ‘can do/will do’ attitude.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong communication skills to all levels of management.
- Micro-Services design concepts
- Cloud computing (e.g. Amazon Web or Microsoft Azure)
- Experience of traditional and modern programming languages e.g. Cobol and Java
- Experience of financial record keeping systems (main/sub-register)
- Experience of Confluence and Jira
- Experience in working with formal methodologies.
- Java, Python (plus application frameworks such as springboot)
- PostgreSQL, SQL-Sever or other similar RDB
- Event Sourcing (architectural pattern e.g. Kafka)
- Pentaho or other ETL
- Swift messaging
- Security concepts (such as SIAM and openID connect)