Senior Solutions Architect
- Provide consultancy and support in gathering business and technical requirements either in conjunction with business analysis or direct from end users and clients.
- Translate business/technical requirements into technical documentation ensuring that stakeholders and development teams have a clear and common understanding of the needs and proposed solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and consultancy contributing to team standards and ‘best practise’ techniques for cost effective and time dependent software delivery.
- Design and specify changes that comply with the application architecture, standards and conventions.
- Work with Waterfall, Lean and Agile development methodologies.
- Under limited supervision perform analysis to enable modelling and documentation of existing processes and document options to improve application performance.
- Lead internal walk-through of Technical Design documents to ensure understanding of requirements.
- Lead peer-to-peer Technical Design Document reviews.
- Attend forums to provide development estimations based on a set of requirements
- Produce High Level Estimates for internal and client requested enhancements within SLA.
- Coaching and mentoring of other team members from a technical and business perspective when required.
- Liaise with project managers, release management and client relationship managers when handling release assignments, estimates and any adhoc work.
- Conduct BA/SA reviews and support the unit and system-testing cycles to ensure technical delivery meets requirements.
- Provide regular status reports and participate in group analysis sessions and team meetings.
- Participation and contribution in internal and external design sessions/workshops, be able to present technical overviews of the main record keeping systems architecture and data model.
- Ability and confidence to communicate independently with other technical departments, programme management, business units and external clients.
- Contribute to system design and technical design document standards and quality procedures.
- Participate and contribute to strategy for future developments based on review of existing system design and construction strategy.
- Imparts business knowledge of record keeping and surround systems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Adhere to SS&C Secure development and information security policies
- Assist in specification of overall change deployment, to ensure completeness of solution delivery within the SS&C Release Process.
- Participate in IT Support activities providing analytical support as required.
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which SS&C operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations.
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- A minimum of 7+ year’s systems design in large scale complex applications.
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Proficient in relational database design and modelling.
- Proficient in SQL (DB2, SQL server, PostgreSQL).
- Proven track record in problem solving.
- Possess excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and a ‘can do/will do’ attitude.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong communication skills to all levels of management.
- Micro-Services design concepts
- Cloud computing (e.g. Amazon Web or Microsoft Azure)
- Experience of traditional and modern programming languages e.g. Cobol and Java
- Experience of financial record keeping systems (main/sub-register)
- Experience of Confluence and Jira
- Experience of team leadership
- Experience in working with formal methodologies.
- Java, Python (plus application frameworks such as springboot)
- PostgreSQL, SQL-Sever or other similar RDB
- Event Sourcing (architectural pattern e.g. Kafka)
- Pentaho or other ETL
- Swift messaging
- Security concepts (such as SIAM and openID connect)
The Ideal Candidate
A senior specialist who has an in-depth understanding of modern IT architectural design such as micro-services and cloud computing and is able to utilise technical skillsets to design and lead development of Java based applications. Collaborating with system architects, analysts and developers and leading the design/build of new and existing applications utilising tools such as Kafka & Pentaho and various databases including Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.