Senior Software Test Engineer
We are a fast growing division, implementing global digital finance solutions using the latest cloud technologies and agile methods. The fast moving world of Digital offers a rapidly maturing market that enables our clients and their customers nearer real time access to data and the ability to manage their accounts online via the web and mobile applications. This enables our clients to improve service while reducing costs and gives the customers greater choice and flexibility in how they engage with their accounts.
QA and Testing is being embedded in all stages of our development and delivery with automation being ingrained across all functional and non-functional testing levels. Core testing tasks cover: Implementing and extending UI and API testing frameworks as part of our continuous integration pipelines; automating new story feature acceptance criteria as part of the scrum and sprint development teams; manual testing where relevant; migrating legacy test packs to new tools such as Karate and Playwright; developing and running non-functional tests against Epic features and products.
We are currently seeking a senior software test engineer experienced in API and Integration automated testing and frameworks to join our innovative and growing team at SSC Technology Product Innovation. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the software produced by the product development team is fully tested. You will be involved in all areas of testing from planning, requirements and analysis through to manual and automated test execution, defect management and reporting. Our objective is to produce high quality software and applications using Agile methods.
You will be responsible for:
- Creation and maintenance of front and back-end test automation framework and tests for API and integration interfaces
- Planning and maintaining testing environments
- Manage release of code and changes into the test environments.
- Estimation and planning of the test preparation and test support for all backlog items.
- Directing and supporting all aspects of preparing and executing test scripts during the sprint
- Analysis and setup up of all supporting test data
- Accurate recording and reporting of test progress
- Accurate and comprehensive creation, escalation and management of defects
- Creation and maintenance of regression test packs
- Active participation in the Scrum, Sprint Planning, Refining, Sprints, Reviews and Retrospectives
- Regular update and maintenance of test scripts and defects
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- In depth experience of automated testing of APIs and web services (HTTP, REST, microservices architecture, API Testing)
- Strong API testing experience using tools such as Postman, SOAPUI, ReadyAPI
- Ability to create and improve Integration test tools, libraries and frameworks while overseeing their consistent application across the team
- Proficient in use of Jira, Confluence & GitHub
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.