Senior Software Test Engineer - API Integration
Who we are:
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.
SS&C GIDS Global Investor Distribution Solutions, owned by SS&C, is one of the largest transfer agencies servicing more than 55 million investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong, and Australia.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer experienced in API and Integration automated testing and frameworks to join our innovative and growing team at SSC Technology Product Innovation. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the software produced by the product development team is fully tested. You will be involved in all areas of testing from planning, requirements, and analysis through to manual and automated test execution, defect management and reporting. Our objective is to produce high quality software and applications using Agile methods.
You will be responsible for:
- Creation and maintenance of front and back-end test automation framework and tests for API and integration interfaces
- Planning and maintaining testing environments
- Manage release of code and changes into the test environments.
- Estimation and planning of the test preparation and test support for all backlog items.
- Directing and supporting all aspects of preparing and executing test scripts during the sprint
- Analysis and setup up of all supporting test data
- Accurate recording and reporting of test progress
- Accurate and comprehensive creation, escalation, and management of defects
- Creation and maintenance of regression test packs
The Ideal Candidate
- 6 years plus experience in a Software Testing role
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the role testing plays in the Agile product life cycle
- Ability to estimate and plan testing activities and resources and report progress against plan
- Ability to identify, document defects and implement and manage the defect lifecycle
- Ability to manage test environments
- Experience working on Scrum teams in sprints.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding of how to review and approve test cases and evidence to ensure accurate status of the testing of the acceptance criteria of user stories.
- Experience of implementing automated test script frameworks
- Clear and concise documenting and reporting skills
- In depth experience of automated testing of APIs and web services (HTTP, REST, microservices architecture, API Testing)
- Strong API testing experience using tools such as Postman, SOAPUI, ReadyAPI
- AWS knowledge
- Ability to create and improve Integration test tools, libraries and frameworks while overseeing their consistent application across the team
- Ability to interrogate logs and data in high traffic environments
- Proficient in use of Jira, Confluence & GitHub
- Non-functional testing, performance, security, disaster recovery, accessibility
- History of utilising debugging tools
- Preparation of test strategy and test plans.
- Good understanding of use of test data within automated tests
- Experience of working closely with development teams
- Experience using SQL to interrogate databases for test data preparation and checking test execution results
- Automated testing of Responsive or Adaptive Web Designs
- Non-functional testing, performance, security, disaster recovery, usability
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring a diversity of perspectives to our thinking and conversation. It is important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense. All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background-checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen