Senior Project Manager
To manage complex / multi stream projects to agreed timelines, budgets and the required quality standards with a key focus on RAID management, financial control and reporting
To work directly and regularly with the sponsors/owners and technical teams, as well as other project stakeholders and 3rd Parties ensuring projects are effectively resourced. To manage relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
To support and be involved in the Inception Process where required for projects, governance, reporting and facilitating the handover from inception to the design and subsequent delivery stages of the projects. This will primarily cover more complex/higher business priority activities and also be expected to lead a series of projects with less complexity but equally of higher business priority.
- Define and deliver the project scope (including management of change control)
- Managing and leading the Project Team - co-ordination of working groups engaged in project work including Technical teams
- Detailed project planning
- Manage project financials including actuals, forecasts and tolerance to ensure project remains in governance
- Maintain the project record (e.g RAID log, progress & financial reporting etc.) for all allocated projects and conform to standards and policies defined by the EPMO.
- Control scope producing Change Requests as appropriate in a timely manner
- Plan resources to ensure Project deliverables are met. Contribute to the overall resource planning process (demand and supply) of change including escalation of resource constraints and conflicts for prioritisation and decisions directly to the Portfolio Manager
- Risk, issue and dependency management
- Project reporting – internally (and externally where appropriate)
- Stakeholder management, communication and presentation to all levels
- Key contact throughout the project
- Ensure adherence to Enterprise Change Framework (ECF), and required project documentation and audit trails
- Management of early live support
- Own and drive departmental continuous improvement initiative(s)
- On an ad-hoc basis represent the department at forums and other meetings as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven project delivery over a minimum of 5 years ideally in a financial services environment .
- Ability to drive change and effectively manage projects and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be articulate and persuasive.
- Highly motivated, strong problem solving and analytical skills, proactive.
- A strong understanding of financial control, budget management, and risk and issue management.
- Knowledge and experience of structured project management methodologies and project management tools.
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining a calm and assertive manner at all time.
- High level of interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior managers, managers, and colleagues across the organisation.
- Project Management certification, Prince 2 or Agile.
- Managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills to provide direction, support, influence and mentoring of project managers.
- Previous experience within a financial services change environment.
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency operations.
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.