Senior Financial Crime Manager
This is a Senior Specialist role within the business, requiring 2nd line of defence Financial Crime Prevention expertise, which will be a hybrid of work from home and the office (Basildon, Essex).
Join our Financial Crime Compliance Team within the Second Line of Defence. Define and continually improve financial crime processes and procedures, and ensure a robust framework by providing oversight of the First Line of Defence Operations. Raise employee compliance risk awareness and conduct monitoring activities, including identifying trends, possible gaps in process and corrective actions and will contribute to strengthening the compliance culture within the organisation. Provide support to the MLRO and DMLRO and complying with the regulatory regimes in which SS&C operates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead on the development of the approved financial crime framework, reviewing current position and identifying any gap with a recommendation for improvement.
- Lead and development the financial crime policies, gain approval, define standards and develop processes.
- Lead on projects that are financial crime initiated including the financial crime systems employed within the business, maintaining industry and market best practice for such systems.
- Lead and support on the procurement and deployment of financial crime systems.
- Provide specialist financial crime advice to the business including Operations, Change, Digital.
- Lead on the enterprise financial crime risk assessment framework and conduct business risk assessments and provide specialist advice on new and existing products and services.
- Conduct financial crime regulatory analysis and report to senior management.
- Provide specialist financial crime advise the Compliance Monitoring team and support through their review cycles.
- Support the Financial Crime Team in the oversight of financial crime operations in the First Line of Defence.
- Lead and develop relationships with Management Companies and provide support and guidance.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills, knowledge and experience sought:
- Detailed knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance.
- A confident understanding of Financial Crime Prevention and the relevant FCA requirements.
- Demonstrable understanding of compliance within the Financial Services Industry.
- Attention to detail, with confident inter-personal and customer service skills, excellent communication and organisational skill.
- Ability to work independently, or as a member of a small team.
- ICA or ACAMS qualified or willingness to study for.