Senior Citrix Engineer
Who we are:
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.
We are embarking on a project to migrate a large Citrix infrastructure supporting 5000+ users on a virtualised desktops from legacy Data Centres to new Colo’s. Taking advantage of the Citrix Cloud to host the control plane and deploying the latest software!
Are you excited about Citrix technologies, exploiting the advantages that this technology can provide a major Global organisation? Looking to use your skills to help transform a large, evolved Citrix platform into a standardised, reliable and resilient platform of the future?
If so, you might be our next Senior Citrix Engineer, where you will collaborate with the current teams providing technical expertise in the support!
The role is in the SS&C Global Citrix L3 team, responsible for all architectural decisions for Citrix in the Global organisation, and for designing and building the PoC’s. The team will hand over to a L2 BAU team, continuing to provide L3 support when required.
As a Senior Ctrix Engineer in the team you will be able to take on tasks, and investigations, using their own initiative. You will also lead small projects, such as farm upgrades, enhancing security of the environments, and capacity management!
In this role you will collaborate with the current teams providing technical expertise in the support and migration of our Citrix infrastructure. Taking the lead from our Architects on strategic decisions around Citrix cloud and consolidation of multiple environments and act as an escalation point for other team members to consult with on all technical issues.
* We require out of hours work for the implementation of change during scheduled change windows*
Our Citrix infrastructure is an evolved and changing environment, so we have a requirement to support a variety of Citrix products, some legacy, and some leading edge
- XenApp and Xendesktop
- Software deployment using app-layering technology
- Citrix Cloud
- Microsoft integration with O365 tenants
Attitude and aptitude are the key things we are looking for, but here are some other things.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and innovation
- Work with architects and support teams to support project work and to support our production environments enabling us to support our business
- Deep dive into issues and help resolve production incidents, identifying root cause and remediating.
- Identify and implement best practices.
- Define and monitor metrics, ensuring optimum performance, providing the KPI’s that BAU teams will monitor and be able to act upon
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and co-workers
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve Citrix infrastructure
- Provide support documentation to BAU support teams, handing over these procedures to the teams so they can “run with” the day-to-day support
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and work in a complex environment with moderate supervision in a global team environment
- Excellent customer service and English communications skills (written and oral)
- Ability to learn and follow processes – e.g., raising incident tickets, ITIL processes
- Accuracy in execution of change, ability to execute to run books and standard procedures
- Appropriate escalation when issues occur
- 3+ years experience in supporting a complex Citrix Infrastructure
- Experience in supporting other technical teams, sharing information and documentation
- Highly proficient with all aspects of building and supporting Citrix infrastructures
- Understand the security requirements and best practises for protecting the data within our environment and being accessed by applications published via Citrix, and methods of locking down desktops.
- Hands-on experience working within an infrastructure using VMWare for virtualisation, Active Directory for Identity management, and working with network teams on firewall and load balancing requirements
- Personable and a team player
- Understanding of Network problem determination, tracing traffic, identifying firewall issues
- Familiar with migration of large numbers of users between Citrix environments, migrating from VDI’s to shared desktops
- Experience working with Global teams, adopting common approaches and standardisation of Citrix solutions
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It is important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen