Senior Citrix Engineer
The Global Citrix team are looking to recruit a Senior Citrix Engineer to help support the L2 BAU teams, to enhance and to evolve the current infrastructure
Currently migrating users to a state of the art shared desktop platform from a predominantly VDI environment this role will focus around ensuring progress of the project addressing issues and providing procedures and support to the BAU teams.
You will ensure our team’s ongoing success by translating the strategy and designs into reality, looking to automate build and monitoring of the underlying infrastructure.
As a key member of the team, you will act as an escalation point for other team members to consult with on all technical issues. You will help drive the direction of our Citrix infrastructure, working with our Citrix Architects to implement our strategic vision of a common Citrix platform across the whole of SSNC.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years’ demonstrable experience in supporting a complex Citrix Infrastructure
- 3+ years’ experience in supporting other technical teams, sharing information and documentation
- Highly proficient with all aspects of building and supporting Citrix infrastructures
- Understand the security requirements and best practises for protecting the data within our environment and being accessed by applications published via Citrix
- Hands-on experience working within an infrastructure using VMWare for virtualisation, Active Directory for Identity management, and working with network teams on firewall and load balancing requirements
- Personable and a team player
- Understanding of Network problem determination, tracing traffic, identifying firewall issues
- Familiar with migration of large numbers of users between Citrix environments, migrating from VDI’s to shared desktops
- Experience working with Global teams, adopting common approaches and standardisation of Citrix solutions
- Out of hours work is required for implementation of change during scheduled change windows
- Ability to understand and work in a complex environment with moderate supervision in a global team environment
- Excellent customer service and English communications skills (written and oral)
- Ability to learn and follow processes – e.g. raising incident tickets, ITIL processes
- Accuracy in execution of change, ability to execute to run books and standard procedures
- Appropriate escalation when issues occur
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.