Senior CASS Coordinator
To have responsibility and provide dedicated oversight for all end-to-end CASS protection activities across SS&C administration by having a direct relationship with, and be first point of contact for, Firm’s/s’ CF10a and CASS oversight teams.
- To take responsibility for provision of dedicated oversight for all CASS activities provided by SS&C Funds administration.
- Maintain and manage a direct relationship with, and be primary point of contact for, client Firm’s CF10a and CASS oversight teams
- Manage and support CASS Coordination team
- Manage a close relationship with the CSM team and all operational areas to ensure all CASS related processes, projects and issues are managed effectively between business areas at all times and driving them to conclusion.
- Accountability for the resolution of all CASS related issues and queries
- Operational management - support the implementation and performance of key processes, systems, and controls to all finance related activities undertaken in respect of Client Money and Client Assets
- Drive down client query volumes by analysing trends and targeting key areas such as client education, processing flaws and risks, standardisation of reconciliation narratives etc.
- Identify potential efficiencies within current processes and systems and help drive through to implementation, where practical.
- Attend client meetings at client offices as and when required with CSMs, relevant business processing teams or individually in line with reasonable CSM client travel.
- Host client visits/meetings at SS&C when required and work in close harmony with Audit Coordinators to manage actions and lessons learned to resolution.
- Walkthrough and understand CASS CAAD
- Attend periodic CASS reviews, if required.
- Attend periodic banking relationship meetings, if required.
- First sight of any potential CASS breaches before liaising with client to discuss the issues and investigate and escalate any potential breaches to client contacts and SS&C CSMs.
- Coordination of multi-client communications such as CASS incident management, generic breach notifications, materials for CASS User Group and client Forums.
- Review CASS breaches frequently to identify trends, issues, and preventative actions, ensuring that sufficient procedures and controls are in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Understand and influence change to existing CASS processes where necessary.
- End-to-end oversight and ownership, on behalf of relevant business processing teams, of all ‘non-BAU’ events to track CASS implications and to ensure all shortfall funding is actioned correctly to ensure no Client Money over/under protect monies as a result.
- Change management in respect of CASS regulations, working with project managers to ensure that client requirements are represented and understood.
- Share experiences, query trends and MI with team members so that consideration of key issues can be given to all clients/operating models.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
All Line Managers are accountable for the following:
- To communicate openly and honestly with their team
- To ask, listen and understand the team
- To be fair and consistent across the team
- To be accountable for own actions and the actions of the team
- To support their teams development and champion professional development
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry
- Understanding of responsibilities within the Financial Services Industry
- IOC or equivalent, or commitment to study for IOC or equivalent
- Basic keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk
- Degree level of education in relevant subject
- Advanced Excel and Work Query
- Experience of DST systems, FAST, Frontier, AWD, FSU/General Ledger Structure.
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.