Senior Business Analyst - Data Migration
SS&C GIDS Global Investor Distribution Solutions, owned by SS&C is one of the largest transfer agencies servicing more than 55 million investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong and Australia.
We currently seek a Senior Business Analyst to join our high-performing data migration team. You will get the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across the company's various technologies and clients!
The data migration team covers the end-to-end process for migrating data from the analysis through coding and transformation to loading and reconciling. They are critical in supporting the SS&C business with onboarding new clients across all streams (Funds, Wealth & insurance), dealing with teams across the globe, direct contact with the management company, and supporting existing clients where needed.
- Work on moving all data from a legacy platform to a new target platform.
- Undertake necessary analysis tasks throughout the lifecycle of data migration projects.
- Analyse business requests to streamline and automate functions and processes, using existing templates or developing new templates if needed. Produce strong supporting documents and process flows.
- Data mapping between source and target systems includes mapping at several levels (entity, field, field values) and the definition of scoping rules.
- Workshop facilitation, documentation and stakeholder management.
- Perform defect analysis, root cause analysis and support developers/ testers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior experience as an experienced Business Analyst on complex data migration projects requiring significant development, across numerous workstreams involving multiple phases
- Proven ability to facilitate requirements-gathering workshops or technical demonstrations
- Demonstrable project experience in data mapping and data migration.
- Using SQL to run queries.
- Worked in a client-facing role troubleshooting with cross-functional stakeholders and customers.
- Strong stakeholder management skills - working with large, global businesses with complex matrix environments.
- The financial services industry experience specific pensions, ISAs, bonds, funds and alternative assets.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring a diversity of perspectives to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background-checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
About the Company
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices around the world. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale and technology.