Security System Engineer, Private Cloud
Who we are:
SS&C GIDS Global Investor Distribution Solutions, owned by SS&C, is one of the largest transfer agencies servicing more than fifty-five million investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong, and Australia.
About the role
The Cyber Security Operations Security System Engineers are crucial in building, fine-tuning, and maintaining the security platforms needed to identify and repel threats. Whilst ensuring the continued health and coverage of the Security Platforms, they also ensure alerts are programmatically reported to the 'eyes on glass' SOC analyst (SIEM). They collaborate closely with other members of the UK Cyber Security Operations team, Global Security Teams (GRO), and members of technical groups until the threat has been remediated or abated, especially if the systems are under attack.
We now seek a Security System Engineer with knowledge on Cloud to help with our transition to a private cloud environment and be part of that end-to-end journey!
In this role you will help us review our Security tools and Security Platforms to identify deviations from security baselines, infections/compromises, and/or violations of policy. You will also work with other InfoSec teams to support the documentation of security incidents and any testing of Information Security tools and Platforms. This role reports to our Head of threat and vulnerability.
***You can expect the occasional travel to our Basildon office***
- Assist in the selection of appropriate Cyber security controls against industry security standards and Best Practices.
- Ensure the effective operation of the organisation's Cyber Security Platforms.
- Ensure the full coverage of the organisation's Cyber Security Platforms.
- Identify, Report and drive mitigations of cyber security risks arising from Security Platforms.
- Incorporate cyber intelligence in daily duties to identify potential security incidents.
- Assist Cyber Security Operations Management and Chain of Command as required.
- Additional duties as required in support of Cyber Security operations.
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture of Security Engineering, Cyber Security Operations, and I.T. Assurance.
- To be quality-driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Support a cSIRT in the event of a Security Incident threatening or affecting their locality.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related discipline is strongly desirable.
- Current CISSP OR GCIH or 3-5 years equivalent work experience in information security or relevant I.T. role.
- Experience working with Security Platforms would be desirable.
- Experience with the administration of Windows and Linux/Unix-based systems
- Experience with the administration of Microsoft-based systems
- Knowledge of network protocols and packet analysis is essential.
- Experience with incident handling processes and procedures would be beneficial.
- Experienced in the engineering of SIEM technologies would be beneficial.
- Develop CI/CD principles
- Review and modify these workflow principles, iteratively
- Provide software automation leadership and mentorship
- Maintain and evolve build tools, platforms, and technologies
- Develop and maintain pipeline configurations
- Automate processes end-to-end for analysts and principals
- Script writing (languages are irrelevant)
- Ability to interpret and write source code (languages are irrelevant)
- Management of infrastructure assets (networks, servers, operating systems, DBs)
- Familiarity with software packing tools (.exe, .deb, .rpm, Docker)
- Familiarity with version control tools (Git, Subversion, Mercurial)
- Management of cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, private Cloud)
- Familiarity with security/vulnerability tools
- Familiarity with code coverage analytical tools
- Familiarity with monitoring tools
- A curiosity for learning, breaking it down into smaller pieces to simplify and automate flow.
- Company pension
- Flexible time off policy
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Flex health care cash plan
- contributions towards professional development fees