Resilience Senior Manager
Responsible for the management of risk and maintaining the resilience of the Business Units that operate within SS&C’s EMEA region, the Risk & Resilience team plays a key part in the overall operation of the business.
The department covers the key disciplines of Operational Resilience, Business Continuity, Enterprise Risk Management and Information Security.
The Resilience Senior Manager is a pivotal role, ensuring that these objectives are met and capabilities that support the resilience of the organisation are maintained, through the identification and management of threats and risks and enabling an effective response when incidents or business disruptions do occur.
• Develop and maintain the relevant policies, standards and operating procedures, covering all aspects of the BCM lifecycle.
• Support business management in establishing and embedding the BCM Framework within their areas.
• Coordinate and support the completion and maintenance of business continuity planning documentation for all UK departments using the corporate system (Fusion).
• Support the readiness of Bronze business continuity teams, e.g. through plan walkthroughs.
• As an Incident Response Team member, fulfil the applicable duties and responsibilities as outlined in the corporate plans.
• Coordinate the annual ISO 22301 accreditation visits for the in-scope SS&C offices and manage the preparation for these assessments.
• Provide input to the mandatory eLearning and awareness campaigns for all staff and the bespoke training module for BC Plan Owners.
• Support client relationship managers with the response to client due diligence requests and attend client visits where required.
• Support Vendor Management with due diligence requests for our key suppliers.
• Coordinate the quarterly Business Continuity Steering Committee (BCSC) and Bronze Plan Owner meetings.
• Provide support and alignment to the Operational Resilience framework, as needed.
• Identify and document risks to the Business Continuity framework and capabilities, at both the strategic and operational levels.
• Maintain awareness of any legislation, regulation or guidance that could impact SS&C, and ensure the timely communication of any changes to requirements that could affect the business.
• Carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of the core aspects of business continuity management and operational resilience.
- An ability and willingness to challenge the status quo and bring fresh ideas.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to establish and maintain strong relationships
- A focus on delivery through being influential, credible, calm and be able to devise new and pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to use Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency in the practical application of industry standard methods, tools and techniques, e.g. ISO 22301.
- Personal accreditation through Business Continuity Institute or other recognised industry body, e.g. CBCI.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It's important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.