An exciting opportunity to join a high-profile team that manages the onboarding of new clients and complex projects. Clients sit across our three sectors: Funds, Wealth and Life and Pensions and are mainly in the UK and Ireland but can also involve a more European and global presence. We have a large pipeline of exciting work that is going to keep us busy. We are looking for an inspiring Programme Manager who has delivered multiple programmes of work, has a passion for onboarding and working with like-minded individuals who want to elevate and improve how we work.
The Programme Manager oversees and manages at least one complex or new client onboard that has been classified as a programme, oftentimes with several projects and workstreams involved within it, to ensure alignment with SS&Cs goals and strategy. Furthermore, strategic initiatives may be in scope. The Programme Manager provides strong leadership to ensure efficiencies in execution. The Programme Manager will ensure the smooth functioning of appointed programmes and projects within the Complex and New Client Onboarding portfolio and that governance.
Responsible for the delivery of Programme of Change and steering the programme team’s focus towards achieving this.
Providing key stakeholders with reporting and escalation as required; intervening, when necessary, to support delivery, either to remove obstacles for the team, or to give guidance to correct under-performance.
High profile role within a critical business area.
1. Programme Management
- Responsible for managing all project lifecycle activities associated with delivering programmes that you are assigned, frequently medium-term in length, impact multiple teams and departments and are medium to high in risk, scope and complexity.
- Accountable for managing the project lifecycle and budget in line with the Enterprise Change Model, consistently demonstrating sound judgement and ownership of the programme process and ensuring that all deliverables are aligned with objectives and commensurate with our business profile.
- Maintain knowledge of all ongoing projects / workstreams within the programme, in particular focusing on the key issues and risks
- Identify and then judge when to escalate risks and issues and their associated mitigation plans to the Programme Director and / or Sponsor and appropriate committees in order to prevent impact or additional risk.
- Be the escalation point for resolution of issues that may impact delivery of programme goals
- Be accountable for timely collation of programme resource demand and ensure this meets the budget, reviewing monthly with key Sponsors/Stakeholders
- Make effective cases for additional resource as required based on sound data
- Gain commitment from those assigned to your programme to support and/or deliver
- Plan and drive completion of all project and programme deliverables including the business case, regulatory requirements, roadmap, budget, testing, deliverables implementation and handover into business as usual
- Review and approval of delivery plans with Project Managers (PMs) to ensure company and clients’ business objectives met
- Make certain dependencies and inter-dependencies are actively managed
- Ensure lessons learnt from programmes are documented and actions agreed, prioritised, and implemented
2. Reporting & Governance
- Achieve appropriate governance and transparency for the programme so that the appropriate oversight is achieved.
- Ensure that all deliverables achieve compliance for the organisation, meet the objectives of the programme, are in line with Complex and New Client Onboarding best practise and can withstand formal scrutiny / internal audit.
- Production and presentation (as required) of programme reports (and specific updates as appropriate) to relevant oversight and governance forums
- Keeping control of programme expenditure via active management & monitoring PMs’ diligence
- Regular review, assessment and interpretation of programme MI – financial and key performance indicators
- Identification of trends and risks that may affect current and future programme activities and implement agreed actions for improvement
- To reinforce critical requirements for project governance, together with general legal and compliance obligations (e.g., Data Security, Financial Crime Prevention)
3. Team Management (matrix)
- Lead, influence, motivate and manage diverse programme teams across GIDS, including representatives from a wide variety of departments to ensure timely delivery of required results
- Active management of programme team, with one-to-one meetings at least fortnightly to assess workload, capacity, and support needs.
- Deliver promptly any feedback on performance in a concise, constructive manner to line manager
- Empower PMs to have accountability for their projects, direct actions, or initiatives as appropriate and assume control where necessary
- Clear, regular programme team-wide updates to maintain good comms and morale
- Ensure holiday/sickness/out of office cover is provided across the programme
- Provide high-level communication updates to a variety of stakeholders, including Business Sponsors, Steering Groups, Clients, and teams
- Keeping clients (internal and external) ‘on board’ through ongoing timely and effective dialogue and reporting
- Liaison with internal SS&C teams to get commitment and traction for the programme needs whilst respecting competing pressures, maintaining good relations with all
- Getting the best out of 3rd party providers/IT partners through regular discussions over priorities and expectations
5. Stakeholder Management
- Create a Programme stakeholder communication plan and ensure it is reviewed regularly
- Review and approval of PMs stakeholder communication plans for each project and ensure PM executes upon this plan
- Manage assigned stakeholders by keeping them regularly communicated and highlighting appropriate issues with them (and confirming resolution plan)
- Meet with clients as appropriate to understand high-level requirements
- Take the lead where required to explain SS&C process and methodology and present outline plans to clients
- Be the senior client contact (alongside CSM Team and Programme Director) throughout the programme, presenting and demonstrating understanding of proposed solutions as appropriate to the clients’ needs
6. Management Responsibilities
Work with the Programme Director and/or Head of New Client Onboarding to ensure all:
o resourcing requirements are known and planned
o dependencies on Enterprise teams are surfaced, planned and managed
o budget is tracked and reported
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Previous experience in an equivalent change management/programme management role
- Experience as a leader of people – respected and inspiring with strong coaching skills
- Good knowledge of Financial Services
- Experience in Wealth
- Experience of delivering Board-level reports, enabling immediate credibility when presenting, comfortable in discussions of large-scale programme deliveries
- Previous experience in an equivalent Programme Manager role
- Experience in Transfer Agency and/or Fund Administration
- Knowledge of SS&C systems, operating models, and service level agreements/ standards
- Competent user of: Visio
- Industry recognised professional qualification
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful