.NET Technical Lead, Dublin
We are seeking a .NET Technical Lead to join a team of passionate and talented developers on Life and Pension products. You’ll work in a creative and innovative environment alongside a diverse and multidisciplinary team that is spread across multiple geographies, building best-in-class products, culture, and business.
We're dedicated to pushing the boundaries of technology and creating cutting-edge solutions that make a real impact. Our collaborative organizational structure encourages idea-sharing and transparent communication.
We are building a scalable development team to support an intense pipeline of new project work in the Life & Pension sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your experience and knowledge and help shape and define the build function here at SS&C.
The Ideal Candidate
- You take pride in your reputation for designing simple, elegant solutions to address our various business needs.
- You have high standards for code quality and delivery.
- You consider yourself to be a fast learner; you are driven to improve your knowledge of software design and to keep up with new methods or best practices.
- You love writing code, you constantly seek to improve your coding skills and help others do the same.
- You enjoy mentoring and collaborating with newer software engineers and are comfortable delegating to other team members.
- You are comfortable guiding teams on the end-to-end project lifecycle, covering the initial conception, business requirements, software architecture, technical lead, coaching, and flawless delivery.
- Your friends and colleagues describe you as engaging, a strong communicator who is eager to bring teammates together to figure things out.
- You strive for high-quality, rapid output through the use of agile software development best practices and want to work alongside like-minded teammates.
- You are self-motivated and want to work in a relatively small team (5-10 developers), yet you are comfortable partnering with other departments, stakeholders, and customers on software development, improvements, internal tools, and implementation issues.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply coding best practices as well as common design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Strong knowledge of best practices and tooling for CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, agile methods (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban), automated testing, code quality
- Deep understanding of multi-tier architectures and microservices (load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, networking, databases)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities
- 8+ years of experience in .NET development using C#
- Microsoft Certifications
- Pension and Insurance industry related experience
- Experience refactoring large and complex legacy systems
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
About the Company
SS&C is a global provider of investment, financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C is the largest global investor service provider, servicing more than 55 million investors. Continually investing in global technology and services across the spectrum of distribution channels including Asset Managers, Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers and large financial institutions such as Banks and Insurers. Investor servicing is offered in many different countries, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. SS&C also services mutual fund structures in many other fund domiciles.
Global Investor and Distribution Solutions (GIDS) is the business unit offering this role. GIDS delivers global omni-channel investor servicing, including a contact centre, using digital services.