MIS Support Specialist
Who we are:
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.
SS&C GIDS Global Investor Distribution Solutions, owned by SS&C is one of the largest transfer agencies servicing more than 55 million investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong, and Australia.
We seek an MIS Support Specialist, to join our production support team. This team supports users on FAST, FSU, Percana and Figaro applications.
In this role you will provide high quality operational and technical application and systems support to our customers and our internal business functions whilst exceeding all Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
The team aim to provide efficient support that is aligned to the ITIL framework without compromising on quality or customer focus whilst dealing with potentially time critical issues.
The responsibilities include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Providing support to internal and external clients using Service Now to support users on FAST, FSU, Percana and Figaro applications.
- Ensuring incidents are responded to within the agreed due dates and providing a satisfactory resolution within the agreed priority resolution times.
- Liaising with colleagues to research problems to find solutions where possible or assigning problems to the relevant support team with accurate supporting information.
- Collaborating with other IT departments and third-party suppliers to resolve support issues.
- Identifying recurring incidents to ensure that the root cause of issues are investigated and fixed.
- Working with management to identify support trends and business process improvements opportunities.
- Working on project tasks to maintain the availability/performance of the applications to both internal and external clients.
- Training new or existing staff on technical skills.
- Providing extended support when required. For example: release confidence testing, bank holiday cover, tax year end support and disaster recovery
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent Oracle SQL skills
- Experience of Oracle software
- Knowledge of PL/SQL
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Logical, analytical and collaborative approach to investigating a problem.
- Effective at translating technical explanations into business language.
- A strong commitment to client focus.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Self-motivated with a self-driven sense of ownership.
We welcome applicants who have worked on FAST, Box management, FSU, Percana and Figaro, you may not have all be proficient in the technologies we use but we will train you!
- Experience on financial services and the trade lifecycle.
- Experience of the Collective Investments industry
- Experience in the development and support of MIS systems
- Previous experience in an IT support role.
- A degree (or equivalent) in an IT, Engineering, Math or Science related disciplines
- SQL knowledge.
- Service Now user group experience.
- ITIL qualified.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It is important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary,
- Hybrid working environment
- Competitive holiday policy
- Employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen