Lead Associate - Complaint Handler
Who we are:
SS&C is the world’s largest hedge fund and private equity administrator, as well as the largest mutual fund transfer agency. SS&C’s unique business model combines end-to-end expertise across financial services operations with software and solutions to service even the most demanding customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. SS&C owns and operates the full technology stack across securities accounting, front-to-back-office operations, performance and risk analytics, regulatory reporting, and healthcare information processes.
SS&C’s trusted and proven technology delivers an unparalleled level of scalable capabilities for the most complex portfolios, the most sophisticated strategies, and the highest volumes of transactions. Through a series of carefully selected acquisitions and organic growth, the breadth and depth of SS&C’s expertise in financial services and healthcare technology are unmatched.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
About the role:
The purpose of the role is to investigate and resolve service complaints in line with regulatory requirements and client Service Level Agreements (SLAs), with a focus on bringing complaints to a satisfactory resolution for both the customer and the business.
The role also involves working closely with team in Operations to conduct detailed root cause analysis in line with the Divisional Framework directives. This may include providing feedback and identifying actions to prevent reoccurrence of complaints.
- Investigate and resolve service complaints
- Process all complaints in line with procedures and regulatory requirements
- Process customer and adviser re-opened complaints and appeals appropriately
- Be able to share knowledge and expertise with other team members and staff in Operations
- Identify and escalate any inconsistency issues in relation to quality and competency checking
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture
- Identify opportunities to build customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Look for and escalate root cause trends and issues that arise by process, product or complaint type, including gaps in policies and guidelines
- Maintain excellent records on the complaints database, capturing all relevant information accurately
- Ensure that a full and detailed audit trail is on file for each complaint case, with clear notes and all relevant documentation
- Review the outcome of appeal and FSO decisions ensuring any learnings are understood and appropriate actions taken
- Review letters produced by team members and other parts of the business to ensure they comply to ensure all complaint letters issued are of a high standard
- Manage all key relationships in a way that actively supports best practice in the handing of all complaints received by the business.
- Dealing with escalation from our Business Partners
- Timely completion of work allocated by your Supervisor in an accurate fashion and within agreed deadlines
- Maintain an effective working relationship and with your own team, other SS&C Teams and SS&C Business Partners
- Be familiar with and adhere to all corporate policies and procedures including the Employee Handbook and the Clear Desk policy including completion of all regulatory training within agreed timeframe
- Develop an awareness of SS&C’s contractual obligations and be commercially aware
- Identify training needs and provide training in your team and to other teams
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications required
- A minimum of 3 Years relevant experience in Financial Services
- A relevant 3rd level qualification and/or Professional qualification desirable
- Knowledge of products, services and systems
- Ability to manage your work in a busy, challenging environment and be a team player
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and cut-off times
- Appropriate complaint handling experience
- Relevant industry exams or working towards completion of same
- Experience of identifying and driving process improvement
- Experience of completing Root Cause Analysis and following through of appropriate actions
- Excellent people and organisational skills.
- Excellent letter writing skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong team player
- Demonstrate a strong level of commitment and work ethic
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
- Professional use of email and the telephone with excellent communication skill
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme