Head of Frontend Development, Digital Product Innovation
SS&C is the largest global investor service provider, servicing more than 55 million investors. Continually investing in global technology and services across the spectrum of distribution channels including Asset Managers, Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers and large financial institutions such as Banks and Insurers. Investor servicing is offered in many different countries, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Hong Kong, and Singapore. SS&C also services mutual fund structures in many other fund domiciles.
Global Investor and Distribution Solutions (GIDS) is the business unit offering this role. GIDS delivers global omni-channel investor servicing, including contact centre, using digital services.
We are seeking a Head of frontend development, a senior industry professional experienced in developing and delivering modern designed user interfaces built on modern technology stacks.
The main purpose of the role is to lead SS&C’s Digital UI development team, defining technology strategy and making sure all UI development is delivered in line with the defined strategy and to agreed timelines.
- Managing a team of UI developers to build out new Digital products within SS&C’s Product & Innovation function.
- Plan and execute UI technology strategy and processes and make sure they are adhered to by the extended team.
- Take a lead role and transform existing products to a Micro Front End architecture.
- Conduct UI code reviews and make technical contributions to product architecture.
- Hands-on UI development where required for new innovation and critical development items.
- Ownership and proactively remove all blockers for the UI dev teams across all product scrum teams.
- Foster technical decision-making for the UI dev team
Track engineering metrics for the team and seek to continuously improve.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee based on race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from head-hunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an inspirational and driven people manager! You bring experience leading a team and creating a great culture of excellence delivering modern designed UI journeys and recruiting and building a high-performing development team.
- 5 years plus experience in managing/ leading UI development teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills, experienced in engaging with clients and executives.
- Experience in UX design concepts and developing forward-thinking UI journeys.
- Single-Spa Framework
- Hands-on experience with HTML and templating languages
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility testing
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- BSc in Computer Science or a similar field.
About the Company
SS&C is a global provider of investment, financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.