Application Support Specialist – BPM Intelligent Automation
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.
We now seek an Application Support IT Specialist to support our BPM Intelligent Automation solutions and its peripheral products. You will be part of a global team across the UK and Bangkok providing 1st and 2nd line support to business-critical systems!
**The successful candidate can expect occasional travel to our Basildon office**
You will be required to provide support to cover the working day; core business hours are 7 am – 6 pm (GMT) and the team operate these via shift patterns. You can expect some overtime as the department support code releases, or maintenance activities in the evening or at weekends. You will be expected to participate on the on-call rota with shift allowance once fully trained to cover emergencies outside of core business hours. A shift allowance and callout payments are provided.
About the department
SS&C Chorus Business Process Management is the #1 intelligent automation platform for financial services and insurance firms. Over 1000 organisations trust Chorus BPM for mission critical operations. We provide the technology and expertise for customers to advance on multiple key initiatives simultaneously. Customers can innovate in these areas with the trust that it provides the security, scale, and reliability to protect and maintain their operations. The team provide application support to internal and external customers using Service Now to manage 1st and 2nd line Incident Management, Problem Management, Security related activities, support of business Projects and other ad hoc requests and tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate
- Provide Specialist support for Chorus BPM and surround systems.
- Ensure that processes and services are delivered to the business, see that any obstacles to proper service provision be addressed and escalated.
- Using ServiceNow, prioritise and manage user reported issues and requests through to completion.
- Take on additional projects and tasks outside of ServiceNow to support business change requirements, security and risk associated activities.
- Lead on incidents, problems and projects assigned to the team, and take responsibility of progressing technical escalations.
- Determine best business support and effective use of resource.
- Working in a similar role providing 1st and 2nd line support to business-critical systems
- A proficient level of understanding of business impacts from IT issues that can occur and communicate effectively with end users
- An ability to work within restrictive timeframes, be able to manage conflicting priorities
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective at influencing others and negotiating effective outcomes
Desirable to have
- Testing Experience
- Understanding of BPM Systems
- Exposure to the financial services industry
- SQL and Linux
- ITIL Qualified
- Experience of providing IT User Support
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It is important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary,
- Hybrid working environment
- Competitive holiday policy
- Employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen