Digital Product Owner (Life and Pension Specialist - SJP)
SS&C Product and Innovation is responsible for driving digital solutions for our clients, on a global scale. We have a number of portals servicing Retail Investors, Institutions, Distributors and our clients through both investment portals and near real-time data products.
This exciting role offers the right candidate the opportunity to take ownership, leading their product and ensuring maximum product value in line with customer expectations and product vision; developing new feature concepts from inception of a new idea through to production delivery.
We are looking for an SJP expert to join the team and guide the digital delivery. If you have a strong knowledge of SJP, understand their business and how their users want to interact online, and are looking for a new challenge this role could be for you.
As a Product Owner, you would be responsible for driving your product vision, applying your industry knowledge and representing the user throughout the product lifecycle. As the primary contact for your product, you own the relationship for all relevant stakeholders; customers, management and development teams, and as such must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
Your primary responsibility is for interpreting user requirements and defining product functionality. You must own the product backlog, ensuring proper prioritisation based on urgency and criticality of the requirement and you review developments/feedback on changes necessary to product features.
- Responsible for product planning and execution throughout the entire product life cycle, from concept through end-of-life planning.
- Analyse market opportunity, anticipate industry direction, evaluate the feasibility and financial justification for new products and/or new releases of existing products, and identify requirements for future and current products in the context of the company’s strengths and capabilities, technologies, quality, costs, customer interactions, and marketplace demands.
- Work with Product Manager to determine and/or guide product vision and strategy, product requirements, product roadmap, pricing models, profit plans, the launch process, and future product development efforts.
- Apply technical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge, and industry experience to effectively manage the product development and delivery process.
- Demonstrate the ability to switch from strategy to execution, to collaborate and persuade at all levels, and to actively engage in process improvements to increase efficiencies.
- Work with stakeholders to manage expectations and timelines with regards to product development
- Work with product team to create solution canvases for the sales organisation.
- Identify product/service features, requirements, and specifications for new and current products (e.g., researching customers' needs and similar product offerings in the marketplace).
- Evaluate the feasibility and financial justification of new products or services and/or new releases of existing products/services.
- Develop and maintain strategic, proactive, and positive client relationships. Function as a liaison between SS&C and the client, vendor, and/or product.
- Partake in the process for product releases. Coordinate cross-functional team activities during the product release cycle.
- Document detailed requirements for specific products and services.
- Provide regular status updates and resolve and/or escalate problems that could impact content or schedule of product delivery. Manage scope changes.
- Negotiate responses to organisational obstacles encountered and serve in an advisory role for other departments.
- Participate in and/or coordinate efforts among multiple functional areas to develop and deliver new products/services or to re-brand current products (e.g., product development, marketing communications, client services, sales, etc.).
- Assist in sales management activities, including assisting in devising language for sales proposals, articulating the value proposition to others within the company, training, and developing sales tools.
- Write documentation communicating information on new products and updates on existing products for internal and external distribution.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- SJP Experience Required
- University degree or equivalent significant product and solution design experience
- Experience in financial services, specifically Life and Pensions
- Strong experience working within multidiscipline teams
- Strong knowledge of new products development (NPD) process and methodology
- Understanding of agile and lean product development methodologies
- NPDP certification and/or equivalent Lean certification
- Experience working with an on-shore/ off-shore team
- Full lifecycle experience of delivering platform solutions across multi asset types
Who we are:
SS&C is the world’s largest hedge fund and private equity administrator, as well as the largest mutual fund transfer agency. SS&C’s unique business model combines end-to-end expertise across financial services operations with software and solutions to service even the most demanding customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. SS&C owns and operates the full technology stack across securities accounting, front-to-back-office operations, performance and risk analytics, regulatory reporting, and healthcare information processes.
SS&C’s trusted and proven technology delivers an unparalleled level of scalable capabilities for the most complex portfolios, the most sophisticated strategies, and the highest volumes of transactions. Through a series of carefully selected acquisitions and organic growth, the breadth and depth of SS&C’s expertise in financial services and healthcare technology are unmatched.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site subsidised canteen