Financial Services Customer Service (DCS)
At SS&C we work with many of the world’s leading financial services brands. We provide our clients with specialist technologies and outsourced customer servicing solutions. Our clients include many of the largest and most recognisable organisations in the global financial services industry covering Investment, Pensions, Insurance and Savings providers.
As a department we strive to deliver a first class service to our clients and always put them at the heart of everything we do. Our client base is a mixture of large UK and oversees nominee clients. We have a dedicated telephony team who service client’s queries and also place deals on their behalf. We also service client queries via email and Web Chat. Other services that we offer our clients is opening accounts for them in advance of trading, tax voucher re-ordering, re-issuing payments, monitoring of electronic trades and also support, guidance and linking of our online reporting system Distributor Online. So there is a lot going on within the department and no day is the same and working in Distributor Client Services is a great place to start your career as it will give you the skills and experience in financial services.
Distributor Client Services is a department with many teams who complete a variety of tasks. Depending on which team you are successful for your duties could be any of the following, under the supervision of your line-manager:
- Assist and answer client queries via the telephone
- Process deals of large value on behalf of clients via the telephone
- Assist and answer client queries via email and or Web Chat
- Open accounts on behalf of clients in advance of trading
- Duplicate tax voucher ordering
- Monitoring of electronic trades
- Payment re-issues
- Support, guidance and linking of Distributor Online
As you carry out your work, you’ll be building experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Helping to make sure that SS&C meet business requirements in the way they operate.
- Keeping a strong focus on professional standards and results, which directly contribute and impact on business targets.
- Developing and improving client relations, especially when it comes to client and investor satisfaction.
- Giving effective and efficient service to customers, by any appropriate means of communication, to greatly enhance SS&C’s reputation as a truly customer-focused company. You’ll be 100% ready to commit to personally putting the customer first and providing an excellent customer service at all times.
- Responding positively to the goals of the team and supporting colleagues – it’s all part of developing your teamwork skills.
- Attending and actively contributing to team meetings. Anyone can show up to a meeting they’re invited to – you’ll make the extra effort to really be there
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent verbal, numeric and keyboard skills.
- Excellent focus on customer service.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with energy and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions. This means you can adapt your behaviour to meet the needs of others as well as yourself.
- Experience in a fast paced customer service Industry.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own initiative when required - a key self-management skill.
- Knowledge of investment products and administration.
- Knowledge of the FCA regulatory environment.
- Experience of data input processes (data entry often involves office software like the use of Excel spreadsheets).
- Experience in a regulated environment (that is, a structured work environment).
- Good MS application skills (such as Word, Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook email software).
Who we are:
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site subsidised canteen