Cloud Platform Engineer
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.
SS&C GIDS Global Investor Distribution Solutions, owned by SS&C is one of the largest transfer agencies servicing more than 55 million investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong, and Australia.
The SS&C Strategic Platform Services team is looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer to join the DevOps delivery team and “maximize product flow” in a financially regulated environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a multi-cloud environment on AWS and private cloud as we move more of our on-prem services to the cloud!
As a key member of the team, you will help drive the direction of our shared services platform, particularly the technologies supporting it, and how to enable the developers to focus on delivering high-quality product features to our clients.
You will also provide 24/7 production support on Rota which can include weekends for server patching, maintenance works and P1 incidents.
**You can expect occasional travel to our offices at Basildon**
You will ensure our team’s ongoing success by translating the strategy and designs of the wider teams into reality, by automating the implementation of the underlying infrastructure (and its support) and application code.
Other responsibilities include:
- Creation and maintenance of infrastructure within AWS and SS&C’s Private Cloud
- Infrastructure Design and documentation
- 24x7 Production Support on a rota.
- Monitoring Infrastructure
- Disaster Recovery Testing and backups
- Adhering to Security & Compliance Requirements
- Creation and maintenance of regression test packs
- Active participation in the Scrum
- Regular update and maintenance of infrastructure services
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a DevOps engineering capacity
- Experience in implementing infrastructure automation
- In depth experience of Kubernetes
- In depth experience on Infrastructure as Code Ansible, Packer, Terraform
- Monitoring stack, Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager
- AWS Services e.g., EKS, EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, WAF, API Gateway
- Ability to interrogate logs and data in high traffic environments
- Proficient in use of Jira, Confluence & GitHub
- Experience of working closely with development teams
- Experience with either Windows or Linux OS (ideally both)
- CI/CD Pipelines, Jenkins, or GitHub
- Ability to estimate and plan infrastructure activities and report progress against the plan
- Experience in running platforms in a software development organisation
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with running Kafka in Kubernetes
- Automated testing of Infrastructure services
- Non-functional testing, performance, security, disaster recovery
- AWS certifications
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring a diversity of perspectives to our thinking and conversation. It is important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background-checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary,
- Hybrid working environment
- Competitive holiday policy
- Employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups