Business Architect – Wealth, L&P, Asset Management
SS&C is the largest global investor service provider, servicing more than 55 million investors. Continually investing in global technology and services across the spectrum of distribution channels including Asset Managers, Financial Advisors, Wealth Managers, and large financial institutions such as Banks and Insurers. Investor servicing is offered in many different countries, including the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. SS&C also services mutual fund structures in many other fund domiciles.
We are seeking a Business Architect with TOM experience to perform business architecture activities for the Global Investor Distributions business. In this role, you'll understand client/ stakeholder propositions and business models, our service capabilities and use business architecture techniques to recommend solutions to deliver outstanding outcomes in line with the strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape our processes in a newly created business area, and support our line of products, solutions, and services as part of the wider strategy and road map!
- Own and maintain business architecture documentation for the different strategic business models offered by SS&C and ensure architectural differences at the client level are also known and documented.
- Work with operational, technical and product stakeholders to identify areas of inefficiency/propositional improvements and support the creation of any relevant business case.
- Support with the evaluation and maintenance of the Target Operating Model (TOM) including the creation/updates to standard business architectural documentation.
- Play a pivotal role in new business launches and complex change initiatives through the creation/assessment of business models, business capabilities and process map designs to support the transition from the ideation phase into the execution phase.
- Provide business architecture support and consultancy for all change initiatives during the full delivery lifecycle.
- Work with solution architects and solution providers to ensure system designs align and support the strategic business design with any gaps to the strategic design agreed upon and documented.
- Articulate design options and proactively engage with the relevant stakeholders to assess the pros and cons of various design options.
- Work with the sales team to provide support during any presale initiatives including attending presales client-facing meetings as a subject matter expert.
- Lead and facilitate meetings/workshops and confidently present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure industry knowledge and specific product knowledge are maintained. Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry trends.
- Build collaborative relationships and provide consultancy for internal and external stakeholders, representing SS&C as required. To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- More than 7 years experience in Financial Services, ideally including business and technology in client-facing roles.
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good influencer and negotiator
- Proven champion of change and self-motivated
- Ability to lead and take ownership.
- Strong sense of ownership to ensure a high-quality deliverable.
- In-depth experience within one or more of the following areas - UK Platform/Wealth management/ L&P with full life cycle experience delivering platform solutions across multi-asset types.
- Understanding and experience in creating and assessing business models, business capabilities and process maps
- Basic AS400 and SQL skills or their equivalents
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience working for a global organisation and working virtually with cross-global stakeholders
- Experience in working with multiple key technology providers and varying operating models
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
About the Company
SS&C is the world's largest hedge fund and private equity administrator, as well as the largest mutual fund transfer agency. SS&C's unique business model combines end-to-end expertise across financial services operations with software and solutions to service even the most demanding customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. SS&C owns and operates the full technology stack across securities accounting, front-to-back-office operations, performance and risk analytics, regulatory reporting, and healthcare information processes.
SS&C's trusted and proven technology delivers an unparalleled level of scalable capabilities for the most complex portfolios, the most sophisticated strategies, and the highest volumes of transactions. Through a series of carefully selected acquisitions and organic growth, the breadth and depth of SS&C's expertise in financial services and healthcare technology are unmatched.