Business Analyst - Data Migration
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices around the world. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale and technology.
SS&C GIDS Global Investor Distribution Solutions, owned by SS&C is one of the largest transfer agencies servicing more than 55 million investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong and Australia.
We currently seek a skilled Business Analyst to join our high-performing data migration team. You will get the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across the company's various technologies and clients!
The data migration team cover the end-to-end process for migrating data from source to target systems, this covers analysis coding transformation loading and reconciling. They are critical in supporting all the SS&C business streams (Funds, Wealth & Insurance) with onboarding new clients. They deal with teams across the globe, have direct contact with the management company and support existing clients where needed.
- Migration of data from legacy platforms to target platforms.
- Undertake necessary analysis tasks throughout the lifecycle of data migration projects.
- Data mapping between source and target systems, this includes mapping at several levels (entity, field, field values) as well as the definition of scoping rules.
- Analyse business requests to streamline and automate functions and processes, using existing templates or new templates if required. Production of strong supporting documents and process flows.
- Workshop facilitation, documentation and stakeholder management.
- Perform defect analysis, root cause analysis
- Support developers / testers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst in the financial services industry
- Demonstrable project experience in data mapping and data migration.
- Worked in a client-facing role troubleshooting with cross-functional stakeholders and customers.
- Strong stakeholder management skills - working with large, global businesses with complex matrix environments
- Strong communication skills, and experience in workshop facilitation
Nice to have
- Using SQL to run queries
- Domain knowledge in as pensions, ISAs, bonds, funds and alternative assets
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups