Application Support Senior Manager, BPM Intelligent Automation
Who we are:
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices worldwide. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale, and technology.
About the department
SS&C Chorus Business Process Management is the #1 intelligent automation platform for financial services and insurance firms. Over 1000 organisations trust Chorus BPM for mission critical operations. We provide the technology and expertise for customers to advance on multiple key initiatives simultaneously. Customers can innovate in these areas with the trust that it provides the security, scale, and reliability to protect and maintain their operations. The team provide application support to internal and external customers using Service Now to manage 1st and 2nd line Incident Management, Problem Management, Security related activities, support of business Projects and other ad hoc requests and tasks.
We now seek an Application Support Senior Manager to support our BPM Intelligent automation application services team. In this role you’ll manage 7-10 direct reports split across the UK & Bangkok. You'll support their development training, providing 1-2-1 coaching as well as the forward planning of resources for daily and weekend events.
***You can expect occasional travel with this role to the Basildon office**
- Undertake day-to-day management of resources, planned absence cover (annual leave / training) and unplanned absence (sickness etc.)
- Continuous process improvement for the services including the evolution of system monitoring for improved response and resolutions
- Responsible for the forward planning of resources for daily and weekend events
- First and second line application support management for the Chorus BPM Product (Business Process Management system and surround systems/integrated systems)
- Raising and running service issues for Critical Incidents/Major Incidents in respect to the supported systems
- Liaising with vendors and the development teams for code fixes and enhancements
- Access, Profile and Account management for users and application server platforms
- Co-ordinating application resilience and DR testing, including collating evidence for audit
- Create and maintain system dependency maps in the Service Now CMS
- Support trend analysis and production of departmental Management Information
- Organise system testing and checks post scheduled patching events
- Work closely with the build teams for project delivery into live, including ensuring all production acceptance documents are reviewed and signed off
- Recertification of configuration items and user access management to ensure user and systems remain up to date and compliant.
- Vendor relationship management for the supported applications.
- Client and Audit walkthroughs of systems and control processes.
- Have a clear understanding of system availability SLAs. To ensure all services are available at agreed times
- Assist in managing the department BCP plan and ensure all team members are familiar with their assigned actions and responsibilities
- To ensure that all responsibilities of the department are adequately documented, and that staff are properly skilled and equipped to maintain business services through the effective use of skills matrices and personal development processes
- Some weekend working and on-call outside of normal operational hours may be required
- Previous management experience/ team lead role preferably in Production Support or Application Support area handling mission critical system
- Ability to work on own initiative, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Organised and methodical approach to planning and the completion of tasks
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work either in a team or on their own
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactively looks to expand on existing knowledge.
- Ability to reprioritise effectively to achieve workload within required timescales
- Leadership skill set and ability to act as a mentor and lead by example for the team
- Good knowledge of Microsoft based software, e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
The Ideal Candidate
Desirable to have
- Knowledge of automated process development tools
- Application Support configuration experience
- Experience of Supporting BPM or other Business Workflow Systems and toolsets
- Windows Server & Linux Server Administration experience
- SQL and Oracle Database experience
- ITIL Qualified
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, to enable us to bring diversity of perspective to our thinking and conversation. It’s important to us that we strive to have a workforce that is diverse in the widest sense.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.
- Competitive starting salary, followed by regular reviews and increases, as milestones are met.
- Hybrid working environment
- Fully paid training and qualifications
- Competitive holiday policy
- 6% employer pension scheme contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Discount scheme
- Sports and Social groups
- On site canteen
About the Company