eCommerce Production Support Specialist
Working in the Production Support team, where you will provide high quality operational and technical application and systems support to our customers and our internal business functions whilst meeting all Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. Good web and ecommerce skills are required, with experience of: SQL, RDBMS, and multi tier infrastructures.
- Ensure adherence to the DST Security Policy.
- Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies (i.e. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management)
- Maintaining system stability and high availability.
- To use system and software knowledge to resolve calls.
- Adhere to call priority effectively, and escalate where necessary.
- Ensure progression of issues within a defined strategy and context.
- Demonstrate ownership and take the lead on complex issues.
- Consult with colleagues on solutions and solving complex problems.
- Complete daily checks following defined procedures.
- Escalate issues to management where appropriate.
- Application monitoring, performance and capacity tuning as directed from time to time.
- Providing 2nd-3rdline application support on complex internally and externally developed applications.
- Managing problems from identification through to resolution.
- Participate in the implementation, backup and roll-back plans for production support changes.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal departments as well as 3rdparty vendors and hosting providers
- Provide out of hours support cover as required.
- 24x7 on call rota
- Maintain records in line with DST requirements.
- Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies
- change control
- release promotion
- configuration management
- incident management
The Ideal Candidate
- Good experience in an application support role
- Extensive problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors
- Contribute to complex problem solving and thoroughly research issues
- Request assistance from appropriate teams to expedite issue and incident resolution.
- Ability to understand complex issues and providing simplified succinct explanations.
- Ability to liaise with internal senior management.
- Confidence in participating in meetings.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven track record of working on large complex systems
- Understanding of project life cycle and Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice
- Experience in supporting RHEL and windows server environments
- Experience with supporting multi-tier infrastructures
- Experience of writing SQL queries
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience with supporting Java and .NET applications
- Good understanding of web and E-commerce technology
Experience in at least one RDBMS (Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008