UTISA Operations Incident Manager/Operations Manager
- Efficient Management of all activities relating to the Processing team involving Platform Dealing processing & checking of work produced
- Achievement of agreed SLA processing standards for all clients
- Achievement of key deliverables
- Effective process organisation, monitoring and control
- Timely identification/resolution/escalation of issues relating to the dealing process with relevant parties
- Managing the performance, coaching ,development & training of team in conjunction with team leader
- Effective departmental, internal & external communication
- Deal with issues that have been escalated
- Staff Performance & salary reviews
- Proactive approach to service enhancement
- Raising initiatives for processing enhancements
- Responsible for maintaining team Procedures
- Management of Operational Incidents and remediation processes
- Service Delivery – Regularly monitoring quality and productivity at team level to ensure that the processing of Platform Dealing meet and exceed client expectations in relation to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Quality – Ensure that checking of work undertaken by the team is completed accurately with errors logged appropriately. All queries directed to the team to be answered/redirected within acceptable timeframes.
- Process Management & Procedures – Manage the writing of new and review of existing procedures within the team as well as assisting processing teams with their procedures by providing input and feedback. Monitor and control the processes and procedures carried out within the team, ensuring that they operate within the confines of the regulatory regime and where necessary appropriate action is taken to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Staff/Operational Management, Training & Development - Manage and oversee dealing team formulating short and term strategic plans where appropriate. Managing the activities of the Platform Dealing Team, supporting the Team Leader, providing regular feedback on performance and appropriately targeted coaching and development. Provide guidance on in-house training and courses. Ensure team are up to date with sufficient knowledge to carry out their role proficiently. Address any staff performance issues directly or in conjunction with Team Leaders where required. Ensure regular documented reviews of individual performance, including monthly staff 1:1 meetings take place, which include where appropriate Team & Individual progress in respect of quality and productivity.
- Staff Recruitment – Assist with the recruitment of new staff to the department.
- Offshore Management – Incorporate the offshore function in review, planning and communication activities. Ensure best practice is shared and processes are aligned across both locations. Maintain regular communication activities to address processing challenges and support a good relationship between both parties.
- Departmental Communication – Cascade necessary information to direct reports and departmental colleagues concerning their work in order for processing of dealing and associated tasks to be carried out efficiently and within SLA. Develop and maintain mechanisms within the department, sufficient to ensure that all team members are fully aware of issues which affect their work. Provide company information at the appropriate level of detail / confidentiality and ensure a culture of open and honest two-way communication prevails.
- Communication – Work closely with Client Relationship Teams, India Dealing Team and all relevant areas within IFDS and ensure Platform Dealing operationally meet business requirements. Liaising with other IFDS departments & external parties to resolve issues in a timely manner while sharing best practice wherever possible. Network with other business areas to increase knowledge of tasks undertaken by them.
- Service Enhancement – Identifying opportunities to enhance the service provided to clients and developing follow through actions in conjunction with internal and external colleagues.
- Improvements – suggesting improvements to departmental processes when identified during process reviews, ensuring any subsequent implementation is clearly communicated to necessary parties
- Budgetary control - assist with managing the departmental budget and forecasts.
- Develop and Improve Client Relations - work closely with Client Relationship teams and all relevant areas within IFDS, including Compliance and IT, to deliver and exceed client and investor expectations.
- Audits – Manage the collation of required documentation prior to meetings. Ensure all Audit reviews are represented by a team member who is fully trained on the process. Any follow-up action to be carried out in a timely manner.
- Department Support – Support Platform Dealing team by assisting with queries, maintaining logs to identify training needs and providing necessary feedback, collating of MI for escalation at board level.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- IOC or equivalent, or commitment to study for IOC or equivalent.
- Keyboard skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office packages.
- Excellent verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- Ability to analyse and assess business processes.
- Proven record in Team Management
- Ability to organise others to achieve the aims of the department
- Ability to coach and develop less experienced team members.
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry.
- Ability to deliver.
- Detailed knowledge of ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration
- Detailed understanding of FCA regulatory environment
- Competitive annual salary
- Eligible for annual discretionary bonus (based on individual and company performance)
- 25 Days holiday
- 9% pension scheme (6% non-contributory & 3% self contribution)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Family Cover healthcare
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- DST Sports and Social membership
- On-site canteen
- Free fresh fruit
- Free on-site parking
- Close to both the A127 & A13
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.