Technical Specialist - MI Build
Primary responsibility for providing technical leadership, consultancy, leading collaborations between MI teams and;
- Drive the technical direction in MI Build team and wider IT Build team by conducting and participating technology reviews, proof of concepts, pilot initiatives, etc.
- Having a greater awareness of data and BI strategies from a commercial sense.
- Produce technical solution designs and review the technical solution designs/proposals produced by other IT Build teams, recommending improvements or alternative courses of action.
- Act as a primary technical consultant resource within the MI Build team, providing a source of technical expertise to MI Build and wider IT Build team.
- Advise on the acquisition of strategic MI software and relevant tools as required.
- Maintain a level of oversight in parallel development from inception through to production environments.
- Participate and contribute to technical design walkthroughs from a consultancy capacity and ensure that all designs are well understood before progressing further.
- When required, work on agile development/rapid development, work closely together with the team to ensure solution, design and analysis meet the requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst training would be considered, the ideal candidate would possess the likes of the following skills and experience:
- Degree in IT related discipline, equivalent qualification or relevant industry experience
- Experience in technical leadership and project management
- 1 - 3years experience of the following or similar tools
- SAP Business Intelligence suite
- SAP Business Objects
- Crystal Reports
- Data presentation technologies such as Dashboards
- Data storage/retrieval technologies including Cloud data
Candidates that also have experience and knowledge of the following are also of great interest, although once again, training in technical skills will be considered for right candidate.
- Technical skills
- SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Database
- Microsoft SQL server database
- Unix Shell Scripting
- SQL Tuning
- Database Administration
- OOP principles
- VB.NET, C# and Java skills
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Agile Development Methodology
- DB concepts such as relational, file based, in-memory, BIG data
- Data integration technologies