Team Leader - Institutional Client Services
You will be responsible to lead a team of associates within the Institutional Client Services.
The team is responsible for ensuring all Institutional clients’ requirements are met.
- Client service - to ensure the team provides an effective and efficient service function to clients and Management Companies
- Effective organisation - respond positively to the goals of the team. Meet regularly with your manager to discuss issues and ideas. Display flexibility and adaptability at all times in response to the challenging and changing environment
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed standards, both in terms of quality and productivity. Also develop an understanding of all client profiles/products to be able to deliver outstanding service
- Assist the Senior Manager to oversee the team - must actively seek and respond to feedback
- Service delivery - ensure DST meets client expectation in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Discuss statistics and agree daily plan with associates. Ensure information is recorded, monitored and discussed with line manager on a regular basis
- Develop and improve communication - to ensure DST operationally meets business requirements. All contact with our clients must be of a high standard. Retain strong focus on professional standards and results, which directly contribute and impact on business targets
- Process management - to ensure processes and procedures are appropriately controlled and monitored. Highlight areas of concern to your manager and learn to interact with other departments to encourage best practice and resolution of issues
- Staff training and development - carry out objectives and coaching sessions to motivate and develop the team. Include quality and productivity monitoring and feedback. Pursue personal development
- Communicate effectively - support the Senior Manager verbally and in writing with other managers and fund groups internally, discussing ideas to potentially expand the service
- Identify improvements with client relations - with specific emphasis on client satisfaction
- Be able to build and lead teams - to ensure all processing and work requirements are met and delivered within the agreed timescales. Quality target of 100% is met
- Internal monitoring - calls and emails to be monitored, quality checking staff’s work
- Client facing - to attend client meetings
- 1-2-1’s - performed monthly with the support of the Senior Manager
- Daily updates are made aware to Team Leader
- Attend fortnightly team meeting, minute where required
- Monthly procedure reviews are completed within deadlines
- Complete annual regulatory training within deadlines
- Ad-hoc conference calls with clients and Management Companies
- Ad-hoc visits/meetings with Management Companies
- Shadow internal departments to gain the required knowledge
Key performance areas:
- Team management – assist and deputise for the Senior Manager
- SLA’s are adhered to as a minimum
- Clearly defined & documented processes and procedures
- Defined & monitored objectives for process, staff and quality
- Performance KPI targets are met evaluated and communicated
- Relevant staff is trained and competent
- Complete any ad hoc tasks as directed by your Senior Manager
- A flexible attitude to overtime in order to meet business requirements
- Allocation of tasks to team members and management of progress
- Tracking of team activities and reporting usage of effort
- Building and maintaining the personal expertise needed to provide expert support to your team
The Ideal Candidate
- IOC or equivalent or commitment to study for IOC or equivalent (essential).
- Confident user of Microsoft Office Applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Good verbal reasoning and numeric skills (essential).
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk (essential).
- Appropriate experience in client facing role (essential).
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry (strongly preferred).
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities within the Financial Services Industry (strongly preferred).
- Good decision making skills (essential).
- Leadership skills (essential)
- Broad product knowledge
- Knowledge of processes, including transfers/re-registration/in species (desirable)
- Investment Management, Life and Pensions and Institutional sectors (desirable)
- Knowledge of FAST and AWD system (desirable)
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
Our employees are responsible for all administration and processing services – on behalf of our clients - for their end customers (that’s why you may not have heard the actual name ‘DST’ before!)
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.