Team Leader, Client Finance Reporting
Responsible for ensuring that the accounting information prepared by the Financial Reporting team is sent to the Management Companies in accordance with Service Level Agreement deadlines and is accurate, complete and clearly presented.
Responsibility and oversight of allocated financial reporting teams.
- Ensuring the team meet all daily, weekly and monthly objectives, objective setting and escalating HR or staffing related matters to management.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly reporting is completed and delivered accurately and in accordance with Service Level Agreement deadlines.
- Leading the team by example and assist and identify improvements to the team for current processes
- Acting as first point of escalation for internal, external and staff queries seeing through to resolution
- Develop the team by setting objectives and development plans and holding monthly one to one’s with the staff
- Represent the team as a Subject Matter Expert on Projects and Training new members of staff
Area / Sub-function
- Ensuring DST meets client expectations in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Supervising team to ensure accurate and timely completion of all daily/weekly/monthly/annual tasks
- Ensuring all Operational Checklists are completed accurately and signed off
- Work with management to team to ensure team are motivated, fully resourced, monitor holiday according to business requirements and that staff training is up to date and all competencies are achieved
- Ensure work is accurate using effective narratives and allocation of responsibility for all outstanding reconciliation items to a standard suitable for reporting to clients and for internal statistical reporting
- Being a subject matter expert for the allocated management companies products and processes, assisting where appropriate representing the team in required meetings/projects
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all teams/departments associated with investigatory work
- Ensure all processes are completed using established procedures, which are controlled, monitored and documented.
- Communicate effectively and work in co-operation with others in order to maximise teamwork and achieve intended results
- Assist/answer internal and external queries relating to the reconciliations and general ledger in a timely manner escalating to Manager as necessary
- Assist with client visits and overviews when applicable
- System changes – Taking lead on any system and GL structure changes, testing and setup ensuring all team, have access
- Carry out and document staff one to ones on a monthly basis
- Dealing with staff related issues and escalating to management if required
- Maintain regular communication with other team leaders and management to achieve consistency within the department
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of Unit trust, PEP, ISA, OEIC administration
- Excellent knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
- A good understanding of reconciliation’s and double entry book-keeping
- Strong Team Leading experience
- Ability to manage staff with a calm professional approach
- Coaching mentoring skills
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Analytical and Investigative skills
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Forward thinking/planning into Management
- Ability to lead meetings and workshops
- Organised and methodical approach to planning and the completion of tasks
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Office packages & systems used within the business
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Proactively looks to expand on existing knowledge
- Desire to study and complete the IOC qualification
- Good understanding of DST practices
- Relevant business experience. Demonstrating an understanding of responsibilities within the Financial Services Industry and leadership
- Good Excel and skills
- Experience of DST systems, FSU, Frontier, FAST, AWD, FSU/General Ledger Structure
- To study for a relevant Industry qualification, such as IOC or AAT
- Knowledge of Regulatory Environments
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs 5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
**All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful. **