Team Leader, Cash Management Technical Team
To supervise and lead a team to ensure that various Cash Management Technical Team Processes are completed in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and the Technical Team Process Model.
To support the Technical Managers in all new projects, process reviews and initiatives affecting cash management.
Develop new processes, procedures and improvements to enable the department to continually increase productivity and efficiency. To support the regular daily business activities in terms of adhering to deadlines, internal controls and client money regulations
- To train all new members of staff within your team. Ensure that all training is carried out to staff for new procedures and workflows.
- To identify learning and development needs for team members – utilize training manager to deliver tailored training and Utilise the Depth chart for skill set monitoring
- To assess the impact of learning and development on team members
- To help to ensure all Cash Management processes are covered during staff absences.
- To effectively manage holiday for team members. This is to include vetting staff and team holiday request forms before handing to Management for sign off and ensuring that your team will be covered during staff absence / sickness.
- To deputise in the absence of Manager
- Accountable for ensuring that team members are aware of how their individual objectives link to corporate goals
- Develop, implement and oversee delivery of team training plans
- Identify team and individual training needs
- Ensuring IFDS meets and aims to consistently exceed client expectation in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and relevant deliverables and projects. This is to include
- Fund activity To monitor all upcoming fund related activity, establish all requirements by liaising with the business assess its impact on the department and see through to completion. To include activity such as fund mergers, launches and closures.
- New Clients Support the managers in the implementation of new client business to IFDS. This would involve attending all CFS meetings, monitoring / completing of take on tasks and supporting the Daily Team during pseudo live and initial live activities.
- New Initiatives Support or lead in the rolling out of any new departmental initiatives. Maintain the department Project spreadsheet and calendar to capture all project details and deliverables and cascade monthly to management team.
- Adhoc Projects Attend CFS/business meetings and assess impact
- Project Delivery Establish direct liaison with Client Finance Support. Ensure all requirements are completed within timescales provided. Provide adequate resource plans and updates on an agreed regular basis. Deliver new procedures and processes to the department as a direct result of any initiatives supported. Ensure adequate training of any new processes is implemented prior to any live date in the Department and provide feedback to management that we are ready to go live with new business / processes.
- To undertake process and procedure reviews as requested, all reviews should be appropriately controlled, analysed and documented, Deliveries (system enhancements/new procedures/changes to structure) should be monitored until fully implemented.
- To roll out new processes across both the Uk and India in a controlled and phased approach, where applicable, and to ensure that any new requirements are fully understood.
Day to Day Technical Activities
- Maintenance and oversight of Technical Team Project Agenda document – ensuring team are continually updating key information and deliverables.
- Maintenance and oversight of Cash Management Project Spreadsheet – ensuring monthly issuance of Management updates and that content is up to date – that the team are continually making their updates as required.
- Oversee and ensure the completion all daily work, weekly and monthly team rota tasks. This can include attendance records, checklists, streamline emails etc
- Provide oversight to ensure that all deliverables are met, particularly around the bank account and SUN opening processes. This is expected to include proactive and regular chasing
- To help to ensure all Cash Management processes are covered during unexpected staff absences, holidays and busy periods.
- Processes to include Cheque Processing, Treasury Reporting, Debtor Chasing, Trustee/Client Liaison, and the processing of work in AWD, FSU, FAST and the various banking systems.
- Attend Team Leader meetings in support of the above
Investigation and Resolution of Enquiries
- This can be related to any Team and should ensure ownership and follow up of items to the required standards to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and team project deliverables
- Complete all relevant work productivity stats and Monthly stats.
- To complete all breaches and notify the Compliance department within 24 hours of realisation.
- Complete all internal Cash Management forms (Route cause/Breach/System Enhancement etc) in a timely manner.
Escalation of issues
- Ensure that all issues are escalated to your Line Manager.
- Complete any other appropriate ad hoc tasks as required/directed by your line manager.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Accountable for ensuring that team members are aware of how their individual objectives link to corporate goals.
- Accountable for identifying learning and development needs for team members, and developing and maintaining training plans accordingly.
- Accountable for assessing the impact of learning and development on team members and identifying training needs.
The Ideal Candidate
• Good keyboard skills to include full Microsoft Office Suit.
• Good Verbal reasoning, communication and numeric skills.
• Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Good accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative when required
• Experience in double entry book keeping and Banking
• Good communication skills
• Good planning and organization skills
• Ability to multitask, and work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Focus on deliverables and chasing of work with external dependencies
• Knowledge of PEP, ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration
• Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
• Working experience within a Cash Control environment
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex-Benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
Our employees are responsible for all administration and processing services – on behalf of our clients - for their end customers (that’s why you may not have heard the actual name ‘DST’ before!)
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.