TaaS Operations Associate
About the role
SS&C Technologies, Inc. provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance.
SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone and publicly listed on the NASDAQ (SSNC). Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia.
Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise.
SS&C Advent Outsourcing Services (AOS) is currently providing Back, middle office and Tax outsourcing capability around our core software solutions. The group services a variety of clients with complex investment portfolios covering equities, bonds, repos, FX, exchange-traded derivatives and extensive OTC derivative books. The activities done include all lifecycle management following trade execution including trade capture, data enrichment, confirmations, trade export, reconciliations, valuations, payments and settlement, collateral management, client reporting, regulatory & Tax reporting, dealing with third parties (custodians, independent investment managers, market and performance. utilities, fund accountants, data providers, trade repositories, ARMs etc..), client-specific accounting and sometimes a wide range bespoke services.
Clients are located across Europe, Middle-East and APAC and are often global in their investment servicing needs. Usually clients outsource to this team because their needs are particularly bespoke and challenging for example: they need to complete the daily reconciliation and system validations prior to portfolio managers coming online and this can mean a large volume of work that needs to be carried out prior to the start of normal working hours and as such they need a team that comprises of a highly professional and experienced group with real-world expertise in the Advent core solutions. The services provided are done so using sophisticated software developed to meet client needs.
This is a position for an TAAS Operations Associate for the back and middle office outsourcing team. The person needs to be experienced, capable and knowledgeable about back and middle office processing and able to work well with clients and team members in the office and in external locations. Experience should include post-execution, back and middle office operations expert with ideally an extensive background working in an existing back-office operations team. The role will be conducted within a back and middle office outsourcing team carrying out Tax As A Service process for our clients. The role may also focus on the implementation of a new client and everything that comes with that onboarding process meaning that learning of the entire system and detailed knowledge of the client’s requirements will be key.
The position will take responsibility for
- Being part of the AOS TaaS operations team looking after the service quality provided to the clients that have outsourced the Tax processing and other activities to us.
- Overseeing the lifecycle events, data upload, reconciliations, data corrections, pricing, export, reporting and other consequential requirements.
- Be able to offer real-world operational expertise to our clients and help guide on best practices.
- Ensuring all processing and other services provided to the client are kept at a high level of performance.
- Earning and maintaining good working relationships with the clients, the service is provided to.
- Building and maintaining good relationships and collaborating with the team to enhance and build on the services we offer.
- Working with the rest of Advent, to help support our clients and prospective clients (including support & consulting).
Therefore the candidate will need experience in managing day to day operations for a financial institution and be able to work with various teams to be a key contributor on projects.
The candidate will need experience of working effectively directly with clients, with expert operation analysts and with remote operations teams. She or he will, therefore, need flexible presentation and communication skills and be personable, persuasive and cooperative. The candidate should also demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and enjoy a bit of detective work to break down and solve an issue.
- Maintaining client satisfaction by building a strong relationship with the client, understanding their business and challenges and ensuring we provide good service and add value.
- Handling client issues relating to the services including improvements, changes to the service, new business, operational issues and complaints.
- Contributing to senior strategic and service review meetings with clients as necessary.
- Responsibility for the implementation of new clients on to the SS&C Advent Solution, the set up of service teams and the smooth running of day to day servicing.
- Working with technology and other servicing groups on projects to change or devise solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Essential: excellent experience or expertise in
- Good communication skills.
- Real world experience of back and middle office lifecycle management
- Good client and prospect communications experience with presentations skills and a high standard of written work.
- Dealing with internal and external operations and serving units in separate locations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong operations experience and being able to guide clients on best practices
- Reconciliation experience and working directly with custodians.
- Fund exposure.
- Valuations understanding.
- Performance understanding.
- Knowledge or understanding of FATCA/CRS, Norweign Tax, ASK Management, IPS, Saldo Rente and Swedish Tax.
- Postgraduate Degree
- Highly motivated self-starter with an appetite for knowledge and eager to learn
- Effective and efficient researcher
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set, organize and meet priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel to different regions if required
- Flexible working hours based on client engagement