To provide Application support to our internal and external users on our Platform
- Ensure the Bluedoor application is operational 24 x 5.5 and provide support to the Wealth Management business as required in usage of Bluedoor (e.g. running reports, scheduling jobs).
- Provide technical support for incidents that are assigned to the Platform Support Team
- Ability to write SQL queries to interrogate Bluedoor databases to provide results that can be used to diagnose technical issues or satisfy business requests for information.
- Take ownership of incidents that are assigned to the Platform Support Team or those that require assistance from another Technology or business unit.
- Ensure Incidents are accepted, updated and resolved in accordance with the associated SLA.
- Escalate incidents where appropriate and liaise with Senior Support Analysts to ensure prompt resolution
- Log and track incidents which are assigned to a third party. Ensuring communications flows are kept open to allow prompt diagnosis and resolution.
- Create, update and track problems, which are raised from the incidents and ensure regular updates and priorities are understood and communicated to stakeholders.
- Provide Early Life Support during core business system releases and perform Incident management as outlined above.
- Review and act upon events automatically generated by the event management system.
- Setup or attend incident and problem management meetings or conference calls with the Wealth Management business, the software vendor and the client to determine priorities and timelines to resolution of incidents and problems.
- Ensure agendas and minutes from incident and problem meetings are circulated prior to and following meetings.
- Ensure all incidents and problems assigned to the team are being regularly reviewed and updated either by self or other team members.
- Technical Support activities as directed by the Support Manager.
Other Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Deployment of code releases, datafixes and configuration releases into Pre-Production and Production environments during scheduled release windows (normally outside of core business hours)
- Smoke Tests: Execute a pre-prepared script following application or system maintenance to verify an application is ready for production use or available for use by an internal or external test team (normally outside of core business hours)
- Non-Production environments: Perform ad-hoc or regular file transfers and job execution to ensure the environments are maintained and kept in line with the test schedules.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Application support / bespoke software support
- Microsoft windows Server / IIS / SQL Server
- Provide professional and responsive software support at all times
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Excellent incident and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Usage of a recognised Service Management Toolset (e.g. Service Now)
Knowledge or experience in the following areas would be advantageous, but is not essential;
- Financial Services industry experience
- Experience of working with XML files
- Day to Day supervision of a small team of support analysts
- Liaising with an offshore support team and/or business units