Settlements – Senior Technical Associate
The Settlements team are responsible for settling deals within regulatory timescales. Payments must be made to the correct location as per the client’s instruction. The role also involves acceptance of registration documents and the application of coverall agreements and alternative payment mandates.
These processes must be completed in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
You will be required support our off-shore processing team and offer guidance when needed.
- To provide an effective & efficient service function to customers, mostly by post, but by any appropriate means of communication, to greatly enhance our reputation as a truly customer focused Company
- Respond positively to the goals of the team, support colleagues, and actively add to the success of the overall department
- Attend and actively contribute to team meetings
- Be prepared to achieve & strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Results Areas, both in terms of quality and productivity
- Assist every area of the business to improve overall customer experience
- To commit to personally putting the customer first and providing an excellent customer service at all times
- Develop an understanding of all client profiles/products to be able to deliver outstanding customer service
- Must actively seek & respond to feedback. Use service failures both internally & externally as an educator to improve our process, procedures & overall service to the customer
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages
- Excellent Verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk
- IOC introduction to securities
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 33 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.