Settlements Senior Associate
The Settlements Team currently look after 30+ Management Companies with teams in India and the UK. The main responsibility of both teams is to ensure mandates are added to different transaction types where required and to ensure correct settlement within regulatory timescales and Management Company specifics. The role includes processing and quality checking a number of work types as well as investigating queries received from both internal departments and management companies.
- You will be a key player within the Settlements Team ensuring that the department meets standards in accordance with SLA’s and KPI’s.Effective planning and managing of daily work load to ensure deadlines are met is essential.
- Candidate is required to be self motivated and have a positive approach to change for improving the department’s functions. Respond positively to the goals of the team, support colleagues and actively add to the success of the overall department.
- Process a number of work types including Repurchases, Repsetts, Salesetts, Manchqs, Coverall and DBACREJ, according to DST and Client Specific Procedures, and respond to queries in the internal Settlements Help Desk mailbox.
- To ensure that deals settle by the correct method and within the correct timescales. Where deals have settled incorrectly, the appropriate action should be taken to avoid any regulatory breaches and customer dissatisfaction
- To liaise with the off-shore India team to ensure that work is processed accurately, correctly and according to timescales.
- Attend and actively contribute to team meetings
- Be prepared to achieve & strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Results Areas, both in terms of quality and productivity
- Assist every area of the business to improve overall customer experience
- To commit to personally putting the customer first and providing an excellent service at all times
- Develop an understanding of all client profiles/products to be able to deliver outstanding customer service
- Must actively seek & respond to feedback. Use service failures both internally & externally as an educator to improve our process and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the financial industry within a customer service/administration based role (strongly preferred)
- Able to demonstrate basic knowledge of settlement process within the business (preferred)
- Excellent written, numerical and verbal skills (essential)
- Good Microsoft Word skills and experience of other MS Office applications (desirable)
- Truly customer focused (essential)
- Ability to work under pressure with an enthusiastic & flexible attitude (essential)
- Knowledge of ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of FSA regulatory environment (desirable)
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.