Senior User Experience Designer
We are currently seeking an Senior User Experience Designer to work in our London office, which is conveniently located next to Moorgate station. The ideal candidate will need to be able to ;
Develop customer experience design solutions for web and mobile applications that align user needs with business goals, demonstrating a strong understanding of interaction design principles, standards, and concepts.
Contribute fully in all aspects of research and synthesis, prototyping, and validation.
Solve business and user problems and knows the advantages, disadvantages, and best application of methods.
- Owns the design discipline within a multidiscipline team.
- Prototypes envisioned experiences within projects constraints.
- Conducts client workshops for user journey development.
- Performs exploratory and confirmatory research.
- Develops personas to assist with design framing and decision making.
- Helps gets stories ready for the development team by defining user experience specifications and requirements.
- Ensures that visual design specifications are met.
- Holds design critiques with the team and clients to elicit feedback.
- Performs user experience tests to ensure that good design is adopted before development.
- Assists in optimising products in production by helping define A/B tests.
- Helps the team understand customer needs, wants, and fears.
- Uses emotional design principles when designing interfaces and experiences.
The Ideal Candidate
- User Design experience
- Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud, Sketch, and other prototyping tools
- Strong experience working within agile multi discipline teams.
- Understanding of agile and lean product development methodologies.
- Experience with an outside-in product design approach.
- Understanding of user-centred design (UCD) and general UX methods.
- Understanding of how to work with and develop a design language.
- Understanding of web applications and native mobile design opportunities and constraints.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative and team-oriented agile environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Goal oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently.
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland