Senior Technical Associate, Transaction Processing
The role of a Senior Technical Associate is to support the Technical Specialist in managing change within the Registration, FCP Ops and Dealing operational environment, whilst striving to develop and improve the processes and systems by which these operations are undertaken.
All work should be within the context of the Team Mission Statement:
“We manage change within the Registration, FCP Ops and Dealing operational environment, whilst striving to develop and improve the processes and systems by which these operations are undertaken. We are a team with specialist knowledge who work with Registration teams to maximise their processing efficiency and continually improve the quality of output.”
- Grade - Senior Technical Associate (P2)
- Closing date - 27th May 2019
The Senior Technical Associate role includes the following tasks:-
- Check the outstanding HLE report for any Registration, FCP and/or Dealing worktracks. The worktrack is reviewed and times entered as applicable.
- Responsible for managing the Worktrack process by raising, escalating and tracking requests from the operational team/s.
- Ensuring compliance requests are completed by the deadline by the operational team/s.
- Co-ordination of weekend testing within operational team/s and reviewing the release notes to provide a summary.
- Maintain and update the AOM Workware Resource Management tool including the production of loading packs and dashboards.
- Manages all Management Company driven changes and Fund Activity. E.g. mergers/closures/conversions
- Support Technical Specialist in the on boarding of new business.
- Respond to internal/external queries in a timely manner.
- Managing high volume processing requests and working with the impacted area to understand effort and deadlines.
- Maintain user access to Experian across the operational area.
- Support Technical Specialist with providing sign off to test plans & output by reviewing the documentation/videos.
- Complete the historic batch gone away tracing service.
- Is involved in and helps drive process re-engineering programs.
- Supports the successful delivery/implementation of project related activity across the operational area.
- Organises and manages own workload and deadlines, communicating appropriately around deliverables.
- Provides support and guidance to operation team/s.
- Support with the completion of Business Process Reviews.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration
- IOC or equivalent or commitment to study for IOC
- Experience/knowledge/understanding of working in an FCA regulated environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Good verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of risk
- Ability to work to strict deadlines with an enthusiastic & flexible attitude
- Achieves personal & team objectives
- Is flexible & adaptable at all times in response to the challenging, changing environment
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative when required
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Experience of data input processes.
- Proficient in all line of business and surrounding systems.
- Excellent knowledge of operational processes within DST.
- Preferred knowledge of Registration / FCP Ops processes.
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 9% pension scheme (6% non-contributory & 3% self contribution)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.