Senior Technical Associate, Platforms Error Corrections
The Error Corrections team are part of the DST Wealth Management and Insurance (WMI) business area, currently based in our Head Quarters in Basildon, opposite Pipps Hill.
You will be responsible for amending transaction errors for Partners (advisors), clients and third parties; covering Unit Trust and Individual Savings Account (ISA) investment vehicles.
The team are highly skilled and are the centre of excellence for ensuring we correctly correct any errors. Comprehensive training is provided, along with regular feedback and coaching to support the delivery of an outstanding service to our clients and their customers.
- Error correction investigation for any deals placed incorrectly where either Error corrections, IT or CRM area have caused the error
- Raise appropriate Risk On Line work where an error is identified to ensure appropriate investigations are carried out by Department Causing error.
- Complete required Error Correction templates to advise of required amendments to ensure clients are not disadvantaged by error.
- Carry out calculations to understand how to correct clients’ accounts and key in amendments to the system
- Responding to referrals from the offshore team
- Completing final resolution letters to clients to confirm the relevant corrections have been made
- To achieve the above to a high standard and become an expert in the field of error correction
- To work with management to improve and actively look for areas of improvement within the process.
- Assisting with escalation communication with senior management and the client
- Communication with the partners in order to resolve escalations and confirm timescales of the process
- To ensure processes and procedures are appropriately controlled and monitored. Work with Management to highlight areas of concern and learn to interact with other departments to encourage best practice and resolution of issues
- To ensure when gaps are identified within the procedures to encourage discussion and ensure the relevant procedures are updated
- To ensure DST operationally meet business requirements. Retain strong focus on professional standards and results, which directly contribute and impact on business targets
- Develop & improve client relations with specific emphasis on client and investor satisfaction
- To provide an effective & efficient service function to customers, by any appropriate means of communication, to greatly enhance our reputation as a truly customer focused Company
- Respond positively to the goals of the team, support colleagues, and actively add to the success of the overall Error Corrections team.
- Attend and actively contribute to team meetings
- Be prepared to achieve & strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Results Areas, both in terms of productivity and quality (accuracy of information given and the language used in letters)
- To commit to personally putting the customer first and providing an excellent customer service at all times
- Develop an understanding of all client profiles/products to be able to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Must actively seek & respond to feedback. Use service failures both internally & externally as an educator to improve our process, procedures & overall service to the customer
- Managing work queues and work day. To review work queues to ensure work is processed within SLA’s and any additional work is completed within guidelines set by Team Leader.
- Responding to queries. Ensure that all queries and e-mails are responded to in a timely manner.
- Compliance samples, projects and procedures. Ensure that any work delegated by Team Leader and/or Line Manager is completed to deadlines set.
- Escalation. Ensure that any work outside SLA or any error found or made is reported to team leader. Ensure that any serious errors are reported to line manager in line with the published escalation process.
- Training and Development. Take responsibility for own development and provide manager with details of any training required. Ensure that annual regulatory training is completed.
- Completing of daily reporting. Ensure checklists are completed accurately and on-time.
- Contested Errors. To be undertaken and completed in a timely manner
- Assisting other areas. Ensure that Team Leader is aware if own allocated work is light so additional work can be provided. Be willing to assist in other areas / teams as required.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent Verbal, numeric and keyboard skills
- Truly customer focused
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills Good organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure with an energetic and flexible attitude
- Willingness to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions. Adapting your behaviour to meet the needs of others as well as yourself
- Experience in Financial Services Investment Industry. Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required
- Knowledge of investment products and administration
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Competitive annual salary
- 20 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single Cover healthcare
- flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.