Senior Technical Associate, Percana Reporting
Daily responsibility for accounting information on the Percana and Infor10 operating systems including integrity of data and financial reporting. Responsible for the monthly accounting information sent to management companies in accordance with Service Level agreement deadlines and reconciling bank accounts on the Percana or Infor10 operating systems. Ensure postings are booked correctly and accurately across the general ledger through to bank clearance.
Maintain good relationships with the Management Companies and take proactive action to warn of potential problems.
Represent the team as a Subject Matter Expert on Projects, Training new members of staff, Understanding operating models and systems to effectively investigate and resolve issues in a timely accurate manner.
- Complete daily Trial Balance and system integrity reporting
- Weekly reconciliation of ledger and integrity reconciliations - completion and ability to train others/provide overviews internally/externally
- Able to cover completion of daily bank reconciliation for allocated management companies for relevant currencies
- Analyse, resolve and assist other team members in escalating outstanding items. Report investigation/action required for those items both internally and to management companies
- Utilising Frontier reconciliation system - reconciling cashbook and/or bank items through the Infor10 ledger and banking feed
- Complete reports with high volumes of clients and payments
- Understanding GL structure and actively involved in building future GL requirements for currency/subsidiary launches, attending project calls with Dublin Percana development teams
- Complete monthly financial reporting pack providing P&L and Balance sheet and reconciliations to management companies and attend monthly service review meetings
- Completing and able to train others on year end ledger roll process, able to walk auditors through process and answer relevant questions
- Being a subject matter expert for the allocated management companies products and processes, assisting Team Leader where appropriate representing the team in required meetings/projects
- Complete and assist Team Leader with review and QC daily checklists
- Assist/answer internal and external queries relating to the reconciliations and general ledger in a timely manner escalating to Team Leader or Manager as necessary
- System changes – Taking lead on any system and GL structure changes, testing and setup ensuring all team, have access
- Reviewing and writing procedures along with representing team in client meetings and divisional meetings, including new client take on’s
- Ensure work is accurate using effective narratives and allocation of responsibility for all outstanding reconciliation items to a standard suitable for reporting to clients and for internal statistical reporting
- Ensuring DST meets client expectation in line with Service Level Agreements and quality.
- Ensure all processes are completed using established procedures, which are controlled, monitored and documented.
- Communicate effectively and work in co-operation with others in order to maximise teamwork and achieve intended results
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of Life & Pensions
- Good knowledge of FCA regulatory environment
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Office packages & systems used within the business
- Good Verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- A good understanding of reconciliations and double entry bookkeeping.
- Excellent Communication, Planning, & Organisational skills.
- Analytical and Investigative skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Knowledge of PEP, ISA, Unit Trust and OEIC administration
- Knowledge of Life and/or Pensions products and administration
- 2 years business experience. Demonstrating an understanding of responsibilities within the Financial Services Industry.
- Enhanced Systems Knowledge of Percana/Frontier/ FAST / Infor / FSU
- Advanced Excel and Work Query
- Experience of DST systems, Percana, Frontier, INFOR, AWD, FSU/General Ledger Structure.
- AAT or equivalent financial/industry related qualification (IOC)