Senior Technical Associate, Institutional Client Service
The Institutional Services is a premier service that our Management Companies (leading investment providers) can sign up to that offers exceptional service to their high net worth institutional clients. Institutional clients are defined by each management company but are typically pension funds, life companies, charities etc who place high value business infrequently. They are only corporate clients and not individuals.
The purpose of the service is to offer the institution outstanding customer service by answering all enquiries and completing all tasks effectively and in a timely fashion. In addition, offering a flexible approach as required by the institution.
You must be aware of what is possible from both an operational and regulatory perspective to facilitate the institutions requirements. You will be required to communicate with different departments and build relationships in order to locate required information or to instigate rectification work. A good use of initiative is also essential in order to service these clients to the highest level.
You will ensure that all aspects of the service are completed according to the service level agreements and work with the management team to evolve and develop Institutional Services.
It is paramount that the client receives excellent customer service. You must understand their requirements and ensure that any transactions or enquiries are completed to the correct standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that transactions referred to the Institutional Services Desk (ISD) are completed correctly and on time, you will be responsible for overseeing the transaction from its receipt to completion.
Key areas of responsibility:
Service Delivery: Ensuring DSTmeets client expectation in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Investigate complex enquiries and provide a full response within ISD SLA levels and guidelines
- Demonstrate advanced navigation of FAST, AWD and historical systems
- Build and maintain effective client relationships
- Build and maintain key internal relationships
- Identify solutions for the client whilst owning the query to resolution
- Ensure critical enquires are prioritised and escalated as required.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication and negotiation skills
Develop & Improve Client Relations: Ensure DST, specifically ISD, has good relationships with the Management Company and its institutional clients.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and professionalism is provided at all times
- Demonstrate understanding of industry and compliance practices and requirements
- Maintain and develop client contacts
- Suggest system enhancements and procedural improvements
The Ideal Candidate
- Financial Services investment industry experience (Essential)
- Ability to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of at least one operational area related to Institutional Services (Essential)
- Previous experience within a customer/client services role (Essential)
- A confident & credible communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to conduct presentations(Essential)
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk (Essential)
- Proven track record of problem solving (Essential)
- Intermediate keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages (Essential)
- An understanding of the FCA regulatory environment (Essential)
- IOC (IAQ) qualification or commitment to study towards (Preferred)
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.