Senior Technical Associate, Breach Administration
A Breach Team Senior Technical Associates work is varied and a very rewarding role. The Breach Team investigates errors where FCA rules have been broken or we fail to comply with the Data Protection Act, on behalf of all DST clients (Management Companies). The team is made up of four teams covering all aspects of breach investigation.
- Administration of technical breaches (CASS) received relating to DST business processing and administration, within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Regulatory deadlines
- Establish and compile breach reports including root cause data to provide Management with analysis and regular feedback. Escalate root cause related issues to prompt the review of procedures and training requirements, to prevent the recurrence of the error, whilst working with the administration areas to review their processes
- Liaison between Management Companies, Client Service Managers (CSM’s), DST Group Compliance and administration areas, concerning the cause and resolution of breaches
- Provide timely and accurate compliance data for Management Companies, CSM’s and DST Group Compliance to enable all parties concerned to operate in a compliant manner
- Investigation of all breaches within SLA, meeting KPIs and complying with Regulatory deadlines and rules.
- Accurate and timely data input to maintain the breach log within SLA and in a compliant manner
- Vet breaches as and when raised – establishing whether there has been a CASS impact
- Understand escalation process on high focus errors
- Reporting initial notification of a breach to the client; supply sufficient information for the client to understand high level detail
- Quality check non-technical breaches, ensuring accurate information reported to the client
- Provide constructive feedback to the processor to guide on breach reporting
- Raise relevant feedback component to enable Quality Coach to analyse errors within the team
- Ensuring culture of TCF adhered to at all times
- Achieving personal & team objectives
- Alert manager to any trends detected whilst completing a breach investigation
- Application of the escalation procedure in the event of serious breaches and potential problem which may impact adversely on the team’s ability to meet SLAs and or regulatory requirements
- Excellent knowledge of all client profiles/products
- Team focus demonstrated in all relevant activities
- Responds positively and in a timely manner to internal and external customers
- Flexible & adaptable at all times in response to the challenging, changing environment
- Achieves personal development
Additional responsibilities - Complete any other appropriate ad hoc tasks as directed by your Manager. Actively assist with the implementation of new business at all levels.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk
- Experience in financial services investment industry
- Basic keyboard skills to include awareness of MS Office packages
- Good verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Experience in a financial services administration environment
- Experience of working within the Financial Services Industry, in a fast-moving Operational regulatory environment, where excellent customer care and compliant principles are the norm
- Detailed knowledge of ISA, Unit Trust, OEIC or Investment Trust administration - Desirable
- Knowledge of the FCA regulatory environment
- Working knowledge of DST core systems - Desirable
- IOC/CISI or commitment to study for CISI or equivalent
- Pro-Rata salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 20 Days holiday (Pro-Rata and increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 25 days)
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.