Senior Technical Associate, BACS & Technical
Process: To work as part of the BACS Processing team of the Cash Management department within the Client Finance Division.
Service Delivery & regulatory compliance: Ensure the BACS daily processing for IFDS as a commercial Bureau is executed in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), key performance Indicators (KPIs) and regulatory framework
Management support and Issues Resolution: Assistance to management with transaction troubleshooting and issues resolution.
Analytics and project delivery: Delivery of analysis, implementation and change control for projects – spanning new client onboarding - existing client change – amendments to model - system and process change delivery.
Primary Security Contact for BACS: To receive processing queries from BACS sponsoring Banks, including out of hours calls and to perform user administration on payment services.
Understand and undertake core BACS processing remit – in order to develop skills and knowledge required to provide support to management team: To include –
- BACS file reconciliations: Carry out reconciliation functions
- BACS file Submissions: submission of files to BACS via Webseries
- Record keeping: maintain accurate records of all BACS processing.
- Investigation escalation and Resolution of Issues and Enquiries: Understand the daily processes and overall BACS concepts in order to answer processing queries and provide information for reconciliation enquiries, complaint resolution and troubleshooting issues to resolution.
Management support and issues resolution:
- To assist the manager with identifying learning and development needs for team members
- To assist the impact of learning and development on team members and identification of gaps to optimise knowledge
- To help to ensure all BACS processes are covered during staff absences.
- To deputise in the absence of Manager and be able to perform issues remediation / resolution under own initiative
Analytics and Project delivery:
- Understand and make decisions on problems/queries arising during and after the BACS payment process.
- Keep abreast of industry changes and communicate changes.
- Oversee process changes and new business absorption.
- Deliver new procedures and processes to the department as a direct result of any initiatives or change supported.
- Prior to any live date in the Department and provide feedback to management that we are ready to go live with new business / processes.
- Ensure adequate training of any new processes is implemented
- To undertake process and procedure reviews as requested, all reviews should be appropriately controlled, analysed and documented, Deliveries (system enhancements/new procedures/changes to structure) should be monitored until fully implemented.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
Service Delivery & Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensuring IFDS meets and aims to consistently exceed client expectation in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Assist with implementation of regulatory chance and compliance – for eg CASS FCA regulatory framework
- Develop & Improve Client Relations – to work closely with client Centricity infrastructure - Client Relationship teams and all relevant areas within IFDS to deliver and aim to exceed client and investor expectations.
Primary Security Contact:
- Be a secure, registered point of contact with BACS – Receive calls from BACS in and out of hours where BACS referrals are being made.
- Complete all required BACS mandatory training.
- Maintain the payment services user base.
Key performance areas:
- SLA’s are adhered to.
- Clearly defined & documented processes and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure all daily processing deadlines are met within their teams
- Performance KPI targets are met
- Personal productivity and quality targets are met
To comply with all Client Money and Money Laundering FCA regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansa City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.