Senior Specialist Enterprise Risk
- Develop and embed the role of risk partner, helping the first line (Funds, WMI, Corporate Services) understand their risk management responsibilities, help embed a strong risk culture and provide effective risk leadership across the business.
- Ensure risks (bottom up and top down) are identified, assessed and actioned with clear ownership through effective engagement, monitoring and challenge
- Embed risk framework across the business and provide constructive challenge to the First Line business units on their management of risks and effectiveness of control
- Be an advocate for continuous improvement leading enhancements and changes to the risk framework where appropriate in line with industry best practice
- Provide consultation and direction to stakeholders at all levels of the business and help solving problems in a timely manner
- Assist with the facilitation of Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs), identifying and documenting key risks and controls and supporting the creation monitoring of action plans
- Be a key driver in ensuring reporting metrics (including Key Risk Indicators, Executive reporting and Group Risk Management Committee) are developed and enhanced in line with the changing risk profile of the organisation and industry best practice
- Identify and facilitate timely risk workshops where appropriate
- Lead enhancements in the categorisation of risks and controls, continually improving the quality and content of control libraries and risk universe/taxonomy
- Working closely with DST risk head office in Kansas to ensure framework alignment and development of risk toolset.
- Provide assistance with the creation and development of Executive and Board level reports on the risk profile for the organisation and ensure risks and are escalated appropriately using the governance meetings (Risk Coordinators Forum, Business Risk Committee, Group Risk Management Committee)
- Review, monitor and challenge outcomes of Risk Events/incidents which could affect the overall control environment for key risks.
- Provide risk awareness and training to staff at all levels to ensure that risk policy and framework is clearly understood and followed
- Support the continual development and rollout of formal risk training to new and existing staff
- Build strong and effective relationships and networks within the Risk function and with wider stakeholders including functional areas and other corporate services
- Represent Group Risk at appropriate meetings as and when required
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skillset and capabilities whenever reasonably instructed
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of Funds, WMI or Corporate operating models
- Previous exposure / involvement in 2nd line functions especially Risk (IT or Enterprise Risk Management)
- Experience of risk management through involvement with Business Risk Registers or Project/Programme Management/PMO.
- Can use a variety of influencing skills to positively influence people
- Collaborative approach and builds productive relationships across the company
- Can think strategically and come up with solutions to problems
- Builds productive and professional relationships across their respective area of responsibility and beyond.
- Not being afraid to raise concerns/challenges to senior management within DST
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Willingness to develop and become a Risk expert through on the job training and external qualifications