Senior Relationship Manager
Senior Relationship Managers utilise their strong relationship management skills to provide support for a key group of Partner’s business; via face to face meetings, telephone/ Zoom calls and email. Based in the Craigforth office. They will feedback to various Senior Stakeholders at Head of and Director level both internally and externally. A key requirement of the role is to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Senior members of Partner practices and members of Field Management Team (FMT) across a variety of locations; as determined on a needs basis.
The main purpose of the role is to work with FMT and key Senior Stakeholders within SJP Practices to ensure smooth running of the admin side of their business, preventing the need for escalation by engaging in regular dialogue with the right member of the Practice and knowing what business has been written/ at the admin stage. SRMs will hold regular governance calls with key Practice stakeholders and work with internal colleagues to ensure work flows through, as expected and within service timescales.
Any errors will be documented, raised on relevant databases and fed into the correct operational teams. SRMs will work closely with the Head of Quality to feed in systemic issues and create feedback loops back into the practices who raised them.
SRMs will plan ahead for governance meetings, utilising MI gathered on root cause, volumes and trends. The SRM will own and track through to completion, complex issues/non-standard enquiries flagged by Partners and FMT. The SRM will work closely with the SSM and CRM teams, take personal responsibility to see issues through to resolution, ensuring the appropriate outcome is reached for the client and Partner whilst maintaining ongoing and proactive communication with the practice and internal stakeholders; using the trend analysis gained to educate the Partner to get it right first time.
SRMs will look for systemic issues and problems with processes and feedback regularly to Operations Directors with suggestions for improvement, following up until resolutions are achieved.
• Based in Craigforth with occasional travel to other SS&C locations
• Manage effective relationships with key senior contacts and attend agreed FMT/Partner/Practice meetings
• To commit to personally putting the Partner first, demonstrating a ‘can do’ attitude and providing an excellent customer experience at all times
• Be available for face to face Partner meetings and provide “bespoke” issue/case resolution to help eradicate hand-offs and reduce rework utilising agreed limits of authority
• Pre-empt issues and be proactive in ensuring great service
• Display exceptional handling and ownership of complex/technical or complaint work, co-ordinating assistance from key contacts in processing areas. Monitor progress and undertake preventative measures as appropriate
• Utilise the skills of the Senior Support Managers and Support Staff to resolve client issues in a swift manner for escalations and cases that fallout or cannot wait for BAU processing
• Initiate and attend office visits and location meetings, strengthening existing relationships with key stakeholders and also establishing new networks/relationships
• Work with the SSMs and operation contacts to ensure that enquiries are given the appropriate focus and priority
• Analyse the root cause of escalations and complaints and provide suggestions for process and customer experience improvements
• Proactively work to assist with delivering a joined up approach to driving excellence in service delivery and achieving Partner business aims and targets
• In tandem with SSMs, be an additional contact point for month end/ Tax Year End referrals, assisting in completion of business before agreed cut off dates
• Acts as an ambassador for the admin centres promoting a one team ethos
• Meets regularly with peers and line manager to share feedback and align best practice
• Identifies potential flaws in existing process and feeds in through the correct operational channels
• Uses tools available to track through cases in pipeline to ensure they meet service standard.
Regulatory • To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled.
• To uphold responsibilities for risk and business continuity practices as appropriate to the position the role holds within the organisation.
• To comply with the regulatory regimes in which SS&C operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.[
Quality All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
• To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery
• To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external)
• To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance
• To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties
• To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture
The Ideal Candidate
• Excellent relationship management experience in the financial services industry
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, at all levels
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Commitment and self-motivation to work within deadlines with minimum supervision
• Ability to deliver robust face to face communications and present complex verbal information to staff at all levels
• Willingness to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions. Adapting your behaviour to meet the needs of others as well as yourself
• Quality driven with a pride in delivering excellence
• Effective relationships with internal and external clients and their Customers. Being responsive to client needs in a timely and professional manner.
• Act as a role model for colleagues in support of management decisions
• Displays flexibility in the role location and time required to go the extra mile to ensure role holder meets the needs of the business, Partner and client including non-core
• Strong ability to challenge decisions at all levels
• Flexibility with travel on occasion
• Takes responsibility for the completion of objectives and tasks within budget, holding themselves accountable for their actions and the consequences of them
• Actively influences events; seeks opportunities and acts on them; originates appropriate action without being asked to do so
• Education to Higher level or equivalent is desirable
- Flexible Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Private Healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
SS&C (formerly known as DST) is a global provider of investment and financial services as well as software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organisations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
All offers of employment at SS&C are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.