Senior Project Manager
The DST Funds third party administration business is the largest in the UK with a client base in excess of 50 management companies servicing most of the largest investment companies. The Funds business unit is one of 3 divisions – the other two being Retirement & Insurance Services and Platforms.
The Funds Change Management department is responsible for overseeing and managing all change within the UK Funds business stream.
The Funds portfolio of change covers both internal and client change as well as the take on of new business and has five programmes of work:-
- Client projects
- Mandatory/Regulatory change
- New business
- Operational Transformation
There are in excess of 100 projects ongoing at any one time which vary in both size, complexity and budget with effort ranging from 30+ to thousands of days with budgets ranging from £30k+ to multi million £ programmes. All projects are delivered using formal project management methods based upon PRINCE2 principles.
The Funds Change Management department has grown significantly over the past few years and continues to expand to support the considerable change programme with increased requirements from both the internal and external Client Base.
The department currently has over 40 project management professionals and is looking to increase its capability significantly over the coming months to meet the continued increase in demand for change.
To plan & deliver projects of a fairly complex nature to agreed time, cost & quality standards within the IFDS Company project methodology framework. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The production of project plans, to track progress against plans and to manage changes to the plan.
- Oversee the construction, testing & delivery of all project products to ensure the projects objectives are achieved within the time, cost and quality constraints set by the project board.
- Determine, set & manage the Project Steering Group, the Programme Manager and the client’s expectations.
- Report progress against objectives via the IFDS standard reporting mechanisms to the Project Steering Group, Programme Manager and Programme Management Office (PMO) on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all work is properly accounted for and tracked with particular emphasis on achieving revenue targets
- Establish clear project roles & responsibilities then manage, facilitate & support the Project Team to ensure that everyone is successful.
- Actively manage Risks & Issues, taking appropriate corrective action as required.
- Leads a team of project managers and project analysts.
- Provide support for each Project Manager. This support ensure their general well-being including listening to understand any concerns (constructively assisting in resolution), identifying any work over allocation so support can be provided when required, mentoring, and career development.
- Meet regularly with each Project Manager to understand project status, progress and issues.
- Provide escalation point for any project issues from the Project Manager. Actively co-own these issues to ensure the Project Manager is able to resolve in a timely manner. This may include internal and external senior negotiations and facilitations of ad-hoc sessions to bring parties together, as well as obtaining external budgetary approval where required or escalation to the Client.
- Ultimately accountable for the successful delivery of the project - within time, quality and budget.
- Additional responsibilities - Complete any other appropriate ad hoc tasks as directed by your manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven project management experience.
- Experience of leading teams of people with diverse skills & experience to achieve a
- common goal.
- Sound working knowledge of current technology issues, particularly IBM & Java based technologies.
- Project Financial & Budgetary controls:
- Experience of having managed third parties external to the organisation in which they have worked, particularly on a vendor/client basis.
- Experience of working within software development & testing initiatives
- Financial Services experience - preferably gained in Custody or Transfer Agency
- Reference salary based on experience
- 25 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Family healthcare
- flex benefits scheme