Senior Project Manager WMI
This is a very key role to deliver strategic and transformational change to one of DST’s largest clients.
The successful individual will be key to shaping the roadmap for 2018 and beyond to deliver change across 3 strategic pillars, regulatory, BAU, and Service Improvement.
The role requires an individual who is client facing, has strong commercial acumen and comfortable working with senior executives on a day to day basis.
Prior experience delivering change in a wealth role is highly desirable.
The role requires successful management of a series of strategic business outcomes both for the client and DST with tight controls around costs, commercials and delivery schedules.
The role can be based in Basildon/Brentwood or Stirling, Scotland.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of delivering transformational change in an equivalent role
- Previous experience operating at a level with Senior Executives
- Previous experience working in a strategic environment, and working to commercial targets.
- Excellent influencing & persuasion skills, gaining commitment from internal, client and 3rd party contacts to deliver project requirements
- Experience of managing delivery of software solutions in line with client’s technical specifications and/or business model requirements
- Excellent client-facing skills, to manage the relationship throughout the project with respect, honesty, clarity and focus on delivery
- Commercially minded, project financial/budgetary experience, whilst managing simultaneous demands and competing priorities
- Delivery & Quality focused; positive committed attitude towards excellence, managing expectations and maintaining positive relationships with sometimes multi-layered/complex stakeholder audiences
- Effective leader of people across multi-site locations with competing priorities, facilitating resolution of resource conflicts, maintaining drive and commitment from all, throughout the project lifecycle
- Very good written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, drawing out key elements seeking most effective resolution
- Can challenge proposals & ensure most effective/ efficient solutions applied
- Attention to detail – including application to commercial sensitivity and info security
Nice to have:
- Previous experience delivering change in a Wealth environment or for a large Financial Services organisation
- Knowledge of DST systems, operating models and service level agreements/ standards
- Industry recognised professional qualification
- Experience of working within a multi-site, international environment
- Worked within a matrix management environment
- Experience of working in professional services (e.g. software development or technical consultancy role)
- Experience of taking company strategic goals and linking these to business/technical solutions, gaining buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- Experience within the financial services industry; specifically Fund/Asset Management
- Coaching experience – able to deliver good coaching for others to improve performance