Senior Policy Associate, Pensions and Life Insurance (12 month contract)
The Senior Policy Associate works within a dynamic team responsible for the provision of Customer Service and Policy Administration to Pensions and Life Insurance policy owners.
- Grade - Senior Associate (I/S2)
- 12 Month, Fixed Term Contract
- 12.30pm - 9pm (Mon-Fri)
- Process all administrational requirements for our UK clients and their Policy holders
- Work to meet challenging Service Level Agreements in a busy environment whilst maintaining quality standards
- Deal with correspondence (email or written) in a professional and efficient manner. Responses must be of a consistently high standard.
- Contribute to the promotion of a friendly and professional image to customers and colleagues.
- Contact customers by e-mail or letter to resolve queries / obtain information
- Manage workload and work queues in a timely and accurate manner
- Prioritise tasks to meet external and internal deadlines and service standards.
- Take ownership of all customer queries or issues. Emphasis on getting things “right first time”
- Build strong relationships with key customers, colleagues, intermediaries and other external contacts.
- Maintain an understanding and awareness on key aspects of life insurance Pension legislation, compliance and the market.
- Process a range of servicing transactions across a number of life insurance and Pension products
- Check the work of others where appropriate to ensure that standards of accuracy, clarity and financial integrity are maintained, and that TCF principles are upheld.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of our clients’ products in order to provide an excellent service to policy owners and financial advisers
- Ensure a complete understanding of our processes and procedures as well as regulatory requirements
- Identify issues which may have an impact on service delivery and quality, and flag these to Operations Management.
- Provide a quality, professional, accurate and efficient service.
- Ensure that procedures and checklists are updated in a timely manner, where applicable.
- Accurately record any breaches of policy and procedures that occur within the team. Update and manage incidents as directed by Operations Management
- Senior Policy Associates may be required to work on additional projects and tasks as agreed with their Line Manager, including User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
The Ideal Candidate
- Reading, writing and verbal language skills
- Excellent administration, planning and organizational skills
- Commitment to providing excellent Customer Service
- Methodical individual with experience of working to strict deadlines
- Team player
- Motivated and driven individual
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the confidence to engage with internal colleagues and external clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to provide ongoing quality
- Ability to interact positively within your department and the wider group
- Ability to follow procedures and suggest enhancements to service offering
- Advanced level of excel, word and power point an advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team or act independently where required
- Flexible and willing to adapt and develop within the role
- Ability to provide support and be involved in ongoing projects and initiatives within the Team
- Reference salary based on experience and in line with the ACE salary progression scheme
- 28 Days holiday including bank holidays (increasing by 1 day for every year’s service up to a maximum of 33 days)
- 9% pension scheme (6% non-contributory & 3% self contribution)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Single person healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
About the Company
DST is a leading provider of specialised technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. We enable clients to transform complexity into strategic advantage by helping them continually stay ahead of and capitalise on ever-changing customer, business, and regulatory requirements in the world's most demanding industries.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, DST is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DST), employing over 16,000 talented people globally.
In March 2017, DST acquired International Financial Data Services (IFDS) in the UK and Ireland; making DST a leading provider of investor and policyholder administrative services to the funds, insurance and wealth management industries.
DST employs ~5,000 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland.
All offers of employment at DST are subject to background verification checks, including 5 year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check. The accuracy of all information you submit as part of your application is vital and may be used as part of the background checking process should you be successful.