Investment Operations and Performance Associate
To maintain the static and dynamic data within the Wealth Platform, ensure the timely and accurate processing of transactions and that all positions are reconciled daily/monthly. Responsible for performing daily and monthly controls and functions related to the operational back and middle office life-cycle of wealth management clients.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate calculation, analysis, and reporting of investment performance data for assigned clients. To prepare, analyse and deliver client reporting deliverables on a timely and accurate basis and within agreed timelines.
- Verify and maintain security & portfolio static and dynamic data.
- Trade capture and issue resolution.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of investment portfolios with custodian banks.
- Perform processes and controls related to corporate actions, security capture, trade capture, and pricing.
- Follow up with the counterparties to seek clarifications on outstanding breaks.
- Document and cross-train processes.
- Address ad hoc inquiries from the client/custodian banks.
- Perform daily and monthly calculation, reconciliation, control and outlier reporting of performance for assigned client’s portfolios, and benchmarks.
- Prepare and analyse monthly and quarterly performance reporting.
- Prepare and analyse monthly and quarterly client reporting.
- Work in partnership with product teams to resolve issues and improve overall processes.
- Update security and portfolio level class schemes and properties.
- Create and update composite benchmarks.
- Verify and maintain security and portfolio static and dynamic data.
- Address ad hoc inquiries from the client for performance analysis such as providing explanations of performance fluctuations and anomalies.
- Identify inefficiencies in the production processes and make recommendations on how to improve them.
- Documentation of processes.
- Maintain logs for internal and external issues.
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous investment operations experience within a Back Office or Middle Office within a Wealth Manager or Asset Management Firm.
- Good understanding on methodologies of calculating performance returns.
- Strong knowledge of a range of asset classes, such as equity and fixed income.
- Experience working with performance measurement and / or middle back office investment operations software.
- Related experience.
- Finance related degree.
- Completed or progressing towards professional level qualifications, preferably either CFA or CIPM.
- Experience of performance measurement and analysis.
- Proven ability to meet strict periodic deliverables.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Completed or progressing towards professional level qualifications with CISI, CFA, CIPM or other relevant body.
- Ability to forge relationships with clients, internal departments, partnerships and key vendors
- Attention to detail
- Develop and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Client focused orientation
- Work Ethic:
- Team Player and flexibility
- Taking Initiative
- Positive Attitude
- Able to work unassisted
About the Company
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.